Amazon Kindle Screen Take Apart Repair Guide
This written take apart repair guide will show you how to disassemble your Amazon Kindle Fire quickly and safely. This will walk you through each step required to fully disassemble your Amazon Kindle Fire.
This repair disassembly guide will help you to install the following Amazon Kindle Fire part:
- Amazon Kindle Fire Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- Amazon Kindle Fire LCD Screen Replacement
- Other Amazon Kindle Fire Replacement Parts
Amazon Kindle Fire Take apart guide:
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Replacements)
- Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer
- First, carefully run the case opener tool along the edge of the unit to release the clips holding the back cover. Start near the top, near the loud speakers.
- With the back cover removed, you can now remove the battery connection. This is located on the bottom of the motherboard, circled in Yellow on Figure 2. Once the connector is released, use a pry tool to release the battery. The battery is held in place with adhesive.
- Using a Phillips screwdriver release the large touch screen digitizer ribbon, with the screws removed pull up the tab and release the ribbon . Do the same for all other ribbons and connectors on the motherboard. Located in Red circles on Figure 2.
- Release all ribbon located in yellow in Figure 2 and Figure 3. Many are jaw connectors - to release these, flip the clip and then pull the cable out. The LCD flex cable is a "pop" connector, simply use a pry tool to apply upward pressure.
- Now with all the ribbons and cables release, remove the six (6) Phillip head screws using the Phillip screwdriver to release the motherboard. These screws are located in red on Figure 3.
- Remove the internal frame of the Fire, a total of 5 small Phillips screws. Underneath one of the corners is accelerometer motion sensing device, once the screw is removed, you can remove this small flex cable.
- Remove the four (4) Phillips screws holding the LCD screen in place, located in Figure 4. The LCD screen can easily be removed.
- To replace the touch screen digitizer you will need to release the WiFi flex cable, located in Yellow on Figure 4.
- You can now use a heat gun or hair dryer to heat the front of the frame and touch screen. Use quick movements and do not stay on one spot for too long. This will normally take 45 seconds.
- Now, use a safe pry tool to release the adhesive holding the digitizer to the frame. Once the all four sides are released, pull the flex cable through the slot in the frame.
Now you will be able to replace any parts on your Amazon Kindle Fire. Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.
Did our post help you? Give us a "Thanks"