Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 50,806 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery question mark on boot

Tip us?

AKARaccoon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Battery question mark on boot

http://imgur.com/OxMh838

I just replaced my battery in the Droid 4, since my previous battery swelled up and started leaking. Motorola said they would cover it, even if it was out of the warranty, but they returned my phone with the battery ripped off, saying that "user mistreatment" was the reason they couldn't uphold their promise.

So, I installed a new battery from Amazon, and this is the issue that I get.

I was able to get into Android for a while, but after the charge died, this is all I get. I've tried quite a few things to be able to flash, anything, but no luck.

Any ideas out there? :/

StevePritchard
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I've seen that with a duff battery (broken connections) - I'd get a replacement, and see if that cures the problem.

Cheers,

Steve
Motorola Droid 4
Retired:
Motorola XT860
Motorola Milestone 2
HTC Touch Pro - Exquisite 4.22 Radio 1.14.25.35
O2 XDA Exec

AKARaccoon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePritchard View Post
I've seen that with a duff battery (broken connections) - I'd get a replacement, and see if that cures the problem.

Cheers,

Steve
Heh, well this is the replacement battery. Was hoping a brand new one wouldn't be broken, and don't really feel like spending another 35 bucks on this phone. Guess it's time to trash it. Thanks man.

StevePritchard
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKARaccoon View Post
Heh, well this is the replacement battery. Was hoping a brand new one wouldn't be broken, and don't really feel like spending another 35 bucks on this phone. Guess it's time to trash it. Thanks man.
If you are seeing that on both batteries, then I would check the connections on the phone. Between the two screw battery terminals, there are a couple of connectors that stick up - gently give them a scrape with something abrasive. If there is some dirt of corrosion on there, then it may be possible that they aren't making good contact with the terminals on the battery cable.
Motorola Droid 4
Retired:
Motorola XT860
Motorola Milestone 2
O2 XDA Exec

AKARaccoon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
If you are seeing that on both batteries, then I would check the connections on the phone. Between the two screw battery terminals, there are a couple of connectors that stick up - gently give them a scrape with something abrasive. If there is some dirt of corrosion on there, then it may be possible that they aren't making good contact with the terminals on the battery cable.
Gonna ask a stupid question.

Do the screws need to be in for it to actually register a battery? :P

StevePritchard
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKARaccoon View Post
Gonna ask a stupid question.

Do the screws need to be in for it to actually register a battery? :P
I would say so, as the screws are part of the power contacts, and also ensure that pressure is applied to the data contacts.
Motorola Droid 4
Retired:
Motorola XT860
Motorola Milestone 2
O2 XDA Exec

AKARaccoon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I would say so, as the screws are part of the power contacts, and also ensure that pressure is applied to the data contacts.
I don't understand why it would work for one day, then stop working once the power is drained. Would that not mean the contacts are connecting?

dlucio
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Did you fix your phone? i have same issue, i have clean connectors but i have not success