Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 40,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help Brightness Flicker & No Control

Tip us?

xclaw
Old
(Last edited by xclaw; 8th January 2014 at 09:36 PM.) Reason: added content
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Help Brightness Flicker & No Control

Hey,

Updated from 4.2 to 4.3 hoping it was a glitch with 4.2 but my screen brightness flickers up and down what appears to be about 5 levels consistently (very fast, resembles a flickering) whenever the display is on. The brightness control also doesn't work, it has no effect on the brightness levels, you can slide it from one side to the other with no actual change.

This has an ill affect of draining the battery about 1% a minute when the display is on.

Anyone have a similar problem or know how to fix this?

I have the auto brightness unchecked and when enabled there is no change either.

SpyderTracks
Old
Thanks Meter 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclaw View Post
Hey,

Updated from 4.2 to 4.3 hoping it was a glitch with 4.2 but my screen brightness flickers up and down what appears to be about 5 levels consistently (very fast, resembles a flickering) whenever the display is on. The brightness control also doesn't work, it has no effect on the brightness levels, you can slide it from one side to the other with no actual change.

This has an ill affect of draining the battery about 1% a minute when the display is on.

Anyone have a similar problem or know how to fix this?

I have the auto brightness unchecked and when enabled there is no change either.
When you flashed to 4.3 did you do a wipe? Have you tried a reset at any time? If you just updated without wipe it would have retained any previous settings or conflicts that may cause this.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

I love this site!!! Thanks to all

xclaw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I'll do a quick backup and then try a wipe to see if that clears it up. Thanks for the suggestion.

gpong
Old
Thanks Meter 0
maybe you has to sent to service central but before just update again ,hope will fine

xclaw
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Did all the wipes and no go, called up Bell and have her going in for a RMA check. Can't wait to see what they say.

hassanmahmood
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclaw View Post
Did all the wipes and no go, called up Bell and have her going in for a RMA check. Can't wait to see what they say.
Are you sure you flashed the device correctly and followed the procedures in LordManhattan's guide or [NUT]/blueether's posts?
Nokia 8250 -> Nokia 7250i -> Sony Ericsson T610 -> Nokia 7610 -> Nokia N95 8GB -> Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 -> Sony Xperia Z Ultra

Alienware 18 with 2.80Ghz Intel i7 4900MQ -> Up to 4.0 Ghz with TurboBoost, TWO Nvidia GeForce GTX 770m's with 3GB DDR5 RAM each, 16GB DDR3 RAM

Samsung 55" F6800 3D Smart LED TV with 120Hz Real Refresh Rate and 600 Clear Motion Rate.
Tags
brightness, xperia ultra