No registration required

[Q] Help Brightness Flicker & No Control

OP xclaw

8th January 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

20 posts
Hey,

Updated from 4.2 to 4.3 hoping it was a glitch with 4.2 but my screen brightness flickers up and down what appears to be about 5 levels consistently (very fast, resembles a flickering) whenever the display is on. The brightness control also doesn't work, it has no effect on the brightness levels, you can slide it from one side to the other with no actual change.

This has an ill affect of draining the battery about 1% a minute when the display is on.

Anyone have a similar problem or know how to fix this?

I have the auto brightness unchecked and when enabled there is no change either.
Last edited by xclaw; 8th January 2014 at 10:36 PM. Reason: added content
12th January 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 582

2,887 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclaw

Hey,

Updated from 4.2 to 4.3 hoping it was a glitch with 4.2 but my screen brightness flickers up and down what appears to be about 5 levels consistently (very fast, resembles a flickering) whenever the display is on. The brightness control also doesn't work, it has no effect on the brightness levels, you can slide it from one side to the other with no actual change.

This has an ill affect of draining the battery about 1% a minute when the display is on.

Anyone have a similar problem or know how to fix this?

I have the auto brightness unchecked and when enabled there is no change either.

When you flashed to 4.3 did you do a wipe? Have you tried a reset at any time? If you just updated without wipe it would have retained any previous settings or conflicts that may cause this.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th January 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
I'll do a quick backup and then try a wipe to see if that clears it up. Thanks for the suggestion.
13th January 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
maybe you has to sent to service central but before just update again ,hope will fine
24th January 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Did all the wipes and no go, called up Bell and have her going in for a RMA check. Can't wait to see what they say.
25th January 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 26

224 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclaw

Did all the wipes and no go, called up Bell and have her going in for a RMA check. Can't wait to see what they say.

Are you sure you flashed the device correctly and followed the procedures in LordManhattan's guide or [NUT]/blueether's posts?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brightness, xperia ultra
Previous Thread Next Thread