FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Paired with HTC one on 4.3 GPe

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By jtuzyk, Junior Member on 18th October 2013, 06:26 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Using another method i came across i was able to pair with HTC one, answer calls and use watch styler

1. Install Galaxy Gear APK manually

2. When Galaxy Gear App opens it tries to install 0/19 files it will restart and say 0/18

3. When it says 0/18, locate "GEAR" folder on SDCARD, inside it will create another APK. Manually install this apk.

4. Close Gear App and Repeat Process, i got all the way down to 0/8 (Music service apk fails) but the Gear is still usable for calls.

18th October 2013, 06:52 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I done exact same process on nexus 4 but when trying to connect comes back connection failed..did you do anything when trying to pair..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
18th October 2013, 05:29 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Winnipeg

More
Wink Gear HTC one
Quote:
Originally Posted by beagle1974

I done exact same process on nexus 4 but when trying to connect comes back connection failed..did you do anything when trying to pair..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Worked for me on HTC one. i dont know about nexus...
19th October 2013, 12:54 AM |#4  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzyk

Worked for me on HTC one. i dont know about nexus...

Hi, with both devices paired, can you originate a call from the phone? In my case the call originated by the phone goes to the galaxy gear... Instead of staying in the phone.
19th October 2013, 01:01 AM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropheuz

Hi, with both devices paired, can you originate a call from the phone? In my case the call originated by the phone goes to the galaxy gear... Instead of staying in the phone.

That is default action

_____
Sent from my GT-i9505 using xda premium
19th October 2013, 04:37 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Winnipeg

More
Yes.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th October 2013, 05:38 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
so which ones work perfectly (after using it a few days after) and which ones need more work? so does this mean all android phones once they are 4.3 will work with the gear?
19th October 2013, 07:17 AM |#8  
No. Notification handling requires the new changes in 4.3. Other parts depend on touchwiz. Not to say this won't change in the future

_____
19th October 2013, 09:01 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Info 2 HTC ONE/GG ROMs, gear.apk full auto Install, GG 70% functional
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo

No. Notification handling requires the new changes in 4.3. Other parts depend on touchwiz. Not to say this won't change in the future

_____

Actually not true. Have found multiple ROMs that gear.apk will install fully. The ROMs have been a mash of 4.1.2, 4.2.2, and 4.3.

So far, everything works except s-voice ( tried a 4.3 ROM with s-voice/touch-wiz built-in) and the notifications are also sporadic.

You can check my thread and findings,

http://fogrum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2480360
19th October 2013, 08:53 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I was able to install and use the gear manager on my Moto X using the instructions posted by the OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to MEGABYTEPR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2013, 11:38 AM |#11  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Well I was able to install most of the apps in the gear manager apk. Only music and some other I don't remember. Anyway I am on a stock phone with 4.2.2 rom and maybe that's why I have that issues. The normal case is: originate a call from the phone, the call should stay on the phone and not go to loudspeaker in the gear watch.

Enviado do meu HTC One utilizando Tapatalk

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread