5,600,984 Members 44,005 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sim card not recognized (noob)

Tip us?

liquid80
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Sim card not recognized (noob)

Just got the 8GB version, unlocked bootloader and rooted.

I put my sim card in and the phone will not recognize it at all. Can it be an error caused by the rooting, unlocking bootloader process?

I am using a GoSmart sim that has been cut down to micro size. The sim works in my xperia T and in my nokia 6700, with an adapter, with no problems. I ordered a micro sim to see if that helps, but in the meantime, I'm wondering the problem was caused by rooting the phone, if its the sim card, or possibly the phone itself (hardware wise).

Also, phone works perfectly aside from the not recognizing the sim.

Thanks

the.viniis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid80 View Post
Just got the 8GB version, unlocked bootloader and rooted.

I put my sim card in and the phone will not recognize it at all. Can it be an error caused by the rooting, unlocking bootloader process?

I am using a GoSmart sim that has been cut down to micro size. The sim works in my xperia T and in my nokia 6700, with an adapter, with no problems. I ordered a micro sim to see if that helps, but in the meantime, I'm wondering the problem was caused by rooting the phone, if its the sim card, or possibly the phone itself (hardware wise).

Also, phone works perfectly aside from the not recognizing the sim.

Thanks

It also do with me... When I flash the CM11 rom my SIM is not recognized... Than I need to flash the stock rom again..