Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,246 Members 39,653 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flash mode not working properly.

Tip us?
 
Villain of Brandon
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brandon
Question [Q] Flash mode not working properly.

So after my comedy of errors that was my playing around yesterday, I got my phone working again. Now I want to try again (and quit before the point that I broke it yesterday). However in fixing it I upgraded to 253 firmware, and I want to go back to 434. however I open up FlashTool get my ftf ready to flash, turn the phone off. Next step is volume down and plug in the USB cable, but instead of the light coming up green, it flashes green then immediately red (or possibly vice versa) then the light goes off, but FlashTool still thinks it's connected and in flash mode until I remove the cable. The battery has been a little bit drained through all of this. so I'm going to pump it up overnight and try again in the morning and hope that it just won't enter flash mode under X% battery, but if that's not the case has anyone ever run into this previously? or have any suggestions?

I have a locked bootloader, and it cannot be unlocked so fastboot options are out of the question. However it is worth noting that when I hold the volume up and plug in the USB cable, the blue light does stay on and I can gather info using FlashTool.
 
butatx
Old
#2  
butatx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 128
Posts: 458
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Perak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villain of Brandon View Post
So after my comedy of errors that was my playing around yesterday, I got my phone working again. Now I want to try again (and quit before the point that I broke it yesterday). However in fixing it I upgraded to 253 firmware, and I want to go back to 434. however I open up FlashTool get my ftf ready to flash, turn the phone off. Next step is volume down and plug in the USB cable, but instead of the light coming up green, it flashes green then immediately red (or possibly vice versa) then the light goes off, but FlashTool still thinks it's connected and in flash mode until I remove the cable. The battery has been a little bit drained through all of this. so I'm going to pump it up overnight and try again in the morning and hope that it just won't enter flash mode under X% battery, but if that's not the case has anyone ever run into this previously? or have any suggestions?



I have a locked bootloader, and it cannot be unlocked so fastboot options are out of the question. However it is worth noting that when I hold the volume up and plug in the USB cable, the blue light does stay on and I can gather info using FlashTool.

U want to flash 434 back right? So u need to enter flash mode which is volume up + connect to PC.



Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
 
Villain of Brandon
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brandon
Volume up does fastboot, volume down does flash mode. When I hold volume down the problem is the LED flashes Green, then immediately red then turns off and then will not continue flashing.
 
butatx
Old
#4  
butatx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 128
Posts: 458
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Perak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villain of Brandon View Post
Volume up does fastboot, volume down does flash mode. When I hold volume down the problem is the LED flashes Green, then immediately red then turns off and then will not continue flashing.

My bad, sorry. U flash using flashtool or pc companion? Have u try with latest version of flashtool beta6?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
 
Villain of Brandon
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brandon
I was downloading the windows version before I called it a night, because the ubuntu one is giving me a funny error I didn't feel like throubleshooting at 4am. that seems to have it fixed the problem though
 
faragorn
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default Same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villain of Brandon View Post
I was downloading the windows version before I called it a night, because the ubuntu one is giving me a funny error I didn't feel like throubleshooting at 4am. that seems to have it fixed the problem though

Can you tell me how did you solve the problem? Because right now I'm having the sam thing on my ZL... I'm trying it with the newst flashtool, the light is green and turns into red and nothing happens...
 
xkeita
Old
#7  
xkeita's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 162
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shinjuku
Do a hard reset on it (using the button on the back), don't turn it on and follow the Flashtools flashing process
1.- Open Flashtools
2.- Flash mode > Flashmode > Select the FTF you just downloaded (The one of 700+MB) > Flash
3.- Connect your Phone in Flash mode (It will start flashing).
4.- Boot your phone and you're ready to go.

When selecting the FTF just select it and leave everything as it is and make sure that you have installed the drivers for flashing (
They are where found you installed Flashtools
In a folder called Drivers, open the .exe and Install these:
- Fastboot drivers
- Flashmode drivers
- Xperia Z and SO-02E drivers

If stills doesn't works I can't help any far as that, but I would suggest you that If you are able try to flash it on another computer (It might sound silly but It could actually work ), also make sure that you're running the latest Flashtool which is v0.9.11.0 and can be found here: http://androxyde.github.io/
Xperia PLAY (SO-01D) -> Xperia ZL

Unlocked Bootloader: Yes | Rooted: Yes
Rom: 10.5.A.0.230 (Hand made custom)
Kernel: Custom
The Following User Says Thank You to xkeita For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nukharma
Old
(Last edited by nukharma; 11th June 2013 at 11:57 PM.)
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 44
Join Date: Apr 2013
That is quiet normal, green appears...red or whatever....out, flashmode connected, look into flashtool.....fine, no light on the phone....flash, but have an eye into flashtool after 1 or 2 minutes if you don't start flashing your phone disconnects automatically...and will stay on charging only.
The Following User Says Thank You to nukharma For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
faragorn
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukharma View Post
That is quiet normal, green appears...red or whatever....out, flashmode connected, look into flashtool.....fine, no light on the phone....flash, but have an eye into flashtool after 1 or 2 minutes if you don't start flashing your phone disconnects automatically...and will stay on charging only.
It would be fine, but tha flashtool displays some kind of instructions when it asks you to connect your phone in flashmode, and I connect it holding down the volume down key + connect AND then that instructions window should close automatically BUT that is just not happening. I've tried it 30 times already, all the drivers on, flashtool recognizes my phone when i start it... It is just not getting in flashmode! Is there any other way to flash the phone without flashmode??? I can get in fastboot I think, because if I press the volume up key while connecting the blue led is on, so it works.

I'm ready to donate for someone who can help me to get this phone work!

phone software version: 1266-7597_10.1.A.0.287 GENERIC - userdebug
File System Version: Global-LTE_10.1.A.0.278
S1 boot version: 1264-2309 S1_Boot_APQ_8064_LA1.2_9
ETS Software version: 1269-3849_5

SIM lock: here is everything 0 and no [X]

This is what I have right now in my phone. And one more thing that I was searching for and gugled it and cant find answer
ROOTING STATUS: unknown If I'm right there should be a text like Bootloader unlock allowed:Yes or No... not unknown

Anyway thx for your reply!
 
Villain of Brandon
Old
(Last edited by Villain of Brandon; 13th June 2013 at 05:12 PM.)
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brandon
what version of Flashtool are you using? If it is the newest from the Androxyde's site, that wouldn't work for me either, you need to use the beta release. There should be a link above to the thread where they update the beta releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faragorn View Post
It would be fine, but tha flashtool displays some kind of instructions when it asks you to connect your phone in flashmode, and I connect it holding down the volume down key + connect AND then that instructions window should close automatically BUT that is just not happening. I've tried it 30 times already, all the drivers on, flashtool recognizes my phone when i start it... It is just not getting in flashmode! Is there any other way to flash the phone without flashmode??? I can get in fastboot I think, because if I press the volume up key while connecting the blue led is on, so it works.

I'm ready to donate for someone who can help me to get this phone work!

phone software version: 1266-7597_10.1.A.0.287 GENERIC - userdebug
File System Version: Global-LTE_10.1.A.0.278
S1 boot version: 1264-2309 S1_Boot_APQ_8064_LA1.2_9
ETS Software version: 1269-3849_5

SIM lock: here is everything 0 and no [X]

This is what I have right now in my phone. And one more thing that I was searching for and gugled it and cant find answer
ROOTING STATUS: unknown If I'm right there should be a text like Bootloader unlock allowed:Yes or No... not unknown

Anyway thx for your reply!

The Following User Says Thank You to Villain of Brandon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes