[Q] Phone calls at n8005

Tip us?

ElfenLaid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Phone calls at n8005

Hi guys,

I know that galaxy note 10.1 n8005 does not allow phone calls. However I want to learn that this restriction is about hardware or software ? Could phone calls be activated at n8005 by installing some kind of software ?

WPMan
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Can you check the model number again? I've never seen a Note 10.1 with GT-N8005 model number. Lastly, is it a 3G model (i.e. have a SIM card slot)?

ElfenLaid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilgoco View Post
Can you check the model number again? I've never seen a Note 10.1 with GT-N8005 model number. Lastly, is it a 3G model (i.e. have a SIM card slot)?
yes the model number is GT-N8005. This is the model which will be sold in Turkey. It has 3g support but does not allow phone calls.

Since I am a noob I can't provide you a link but this is what the Samsung Turkey website says about the product :

Platform
850 / 900 / 1 800 / 1 900 MHz (Does not support phone calls. Internet connection only)
850 / 900 / 1 900 / 2 100 MHz (Does not support phone calls. Internet connection only)

WPMan
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfenLaid View Post
yes the model number is GT-N8005. This is the model which will be sold in Turkey. It has 3g support but does not allow phone calls.

Since I am a noob I can't provide you a link but this is what the Samsung Turkey website says about the product :

Platform
850 / 900 / 1 800 / 1 900 MHz (Does not support phone calls. Internet connection only)
850 / 900 / 1 900 / 2 100 MHz (Does not support phone calls. Internet connection only)
Maybe Samsung Turkey has disabled Phone access on the Note 10.1. Try asking them why. I'm not sure about this but maybe someone can upload the Phone app files for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to WPMan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 493
Or, if you are feeling adventurous and game, make a nandroid copy of your current rom and then install a custom n8000 rom.... Just make sure that you put the nandroid backup onto an external sd card and/or backup onto a PC so you can restore if things don't work out....
Just remember this may brick your device...

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 23407

DONATE TO ME
By any chance is this an LTE device?

Nxxx5 model numbers seem to be Euro LTE variants...

N7005 = International LTE Note (Qcom-based)
I9305 = International LTE GS3 (exynos-based)
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

ElfenLaid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69 View Post
Or, if you are feeling adventurous and game, make a nandroid copy of your current rom and then install a custom n8000 rom.... Just make sure that you put the nandroid backup onto an external sd card and/or backup onto a PC so you can restore if things don't work out....
Just remember this may brick your device...
I am completely new to the android os therefore, these things don't make sense to me. However, at least I know what brick is
I tought that someone from this forum may have this device but it seems that it is special for Turkey and no one has it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
By any chance is this an LTE device?

Nxxx5 model numbers seem to be Euro LTE variants...

N7005 = International LTE Note (Qcom-based)
I9305 = International LTE GS3 (exynos-based)
No, it is not an LTE device.

kego
Old
Thanks Meter 12
It's really interesting why Samsung makes totally same two devices where one is capable to make a phone call and other cannot with same "infrastructure". Assuming both models are on same hardware, flashing a N8000 stock EU rom to N8005 should do the trick, right?

When Samsung announced Galaxy Tab (P1000), it was sold in Turkey only with a carrier (Turkcell) rom which was really unpleasant to use, so most people had switched to stock EU rom then. With this regard, N8000 rom should work on N8005...

ElfenLaid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kego View Post
It's really interesting why Samsung makes totally same two devices where one is capable to make a phone call and other cannot with same "infrastructure". Assuming both models are on same hardware, flashing a N8000 stock EU rom to N8005 should do the trick, right?

When Samsung announced Galaxy Tab (P1000), it was sold in Turkey only with a carrier (Turkcell) rom which was really unpleasant to use, so most people had switched to stock EU rom then. With this regard, N8000 rom should work on N8005...
The manager of a samsung mobile shop in Turkey claims that Samsung made this to get rid of additional taxes s to make the prices affordable. He also said that this restriction is done by changing software only, hardware of the N8000 and N8005 is the same. Flashing a N8000 stock EU rom seems logical at that sense. However, I am really new to android and have no info about these things. Moreover, risk of brick is another problem.

WPMan
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Can anyone send him the Phone apk if that will work?