Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more
Thread Deleted

WiFi streaming

OP 27

12th April 2006, 10:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

609 posts
Using the WiFi on the prophet, is it possible for me to listen to music from my computer's hard drive via the Prophet from another room?
12th April 2006, 03:36 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
Yes quite simply using standard windows shares. I set up a favorite in MortPlayer.

Anither option would be to install uPNP server software on your PC, something like Microsoft's Media connect and then get a uPNP player on the PPC. I think Nero Showtime Mobile supports uPNP and is currently free.
4th May 2006, 12:15 PM   |  #3  

3 posts
nero showtime mobile
hi, can u tell me here to download nero showtime mobile player? can't find it on official site (
4th May 2006, 12:16 PM   |  #4  

3 posts
nero showtime mobile
hi, can u tell me here to download nero showtime mobile player? can't find it on official site (
4th May 2006, 12:29 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

43 posts
More
Re: nero showtime mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by taa

This product has been dropped by Ahead.

http://ww2.nero.com/us/Nero_ShowTime_Mobile.html
4th May 2006, 12:50 PM   |  #6  

32 posts
Re: WiFi streaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27

Using the WiFi on the prophet, is it possible for me to listen to music from my computer's hard drive via the Prophet from another room?

Install Orb on your home PC and you can listen to your music, watch your videos and live TV from anywhere in the world there is a Wi-Fi hotspot!!
4th May 2006, 12:55 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

43 posts
More
Re: WiFi streaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by decmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27

Install Orb on your home PC and you can listen to music anywhere in the world there is a Wi-Fi hotspot!!

Or even better - try RescoRadio. This is an amasing program.
5th May 2006, 10:16 AM   |  #8  
Flag London

52 posts
Windows Media Encoder
Hi,

I found that the easiest way to do this is to install Windows Media Encoder 9 Series from Microsoft. You can set up your own broadcasting station with that. Install, choose content to stream, set desired compression, and voila, you'll be broadcasting to the whole world if you want to.

Ricky.
6th May 2006, 11:15 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 30

258 posts
Re: Windows Media Encoder
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky200

Hi,

I found that the easiest way to do this is to install Windows Media Encoder 9 Series from Microsoft. You can set up your own broadcasting station with that. Install, choose content to stream, set desired compression, and voila, you'll be broadcasting to the whole world if you want to.

Ricky.

I've been trying to stream on M600 using WME9 and WMP10mobile but having difficulty connecting over wifi. I'v noted on some sites to add a " /* " . but this not help me.

does any one know any alternative. (i have used GSplayer and pocketmusic)
7th May 2006, 06:44 AM   |  #10  
Flag London

52 posts
Re: Windows Media Encoder
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuYahya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky200

Hi,

Ricky.

I've been trying to stream on M600 using WME9 and WMP10mobile but having difficulty connecting over wifi. I'v noted on some sites to add a " /* " . but this not help me.

does any one know any alternative. (i have used GSplayer and pocketmusic)

AbuYahya,

Are you sure you have the correct path from your WMP10 on your mobile? From WMP10, open URL and Put in your ip/local pc path and then add /live at the end as that is the default for WME9 broadcasting name.

Cheers...

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread