5,604,443 Members 48,510 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WiFi streaming

Tip us?

Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default WiFi streaming

Using the WiFi on the prophet, is it possible for me to listen to music from my computer's hard drive via the Prophet from another room?

Anks
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes quite simply using standard windows shares. I set up a favorite in MortPlayer.

Anither option would be to install uPNP server software on your PC, something like Microsoft's Media connect and then get a uPNP player on the PPC. I think Nero Showtime Mobile supports uPNP and is currently free.

taa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default nero showtime mobile

hi, can u tell me here to download nero showtime mobile player? can't find it on official site (

taa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default nero showtime mobile

hi, can u tell me here to download nero showtime mobile player? can't find it on official site (

terramax
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: nero showtime mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by taa
This product has been dropped by Ahead.

http://ww2.nero.com/us/Nero_ShowTime_Mobile.html

decmac
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: WiFi streaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27
Using the WiFi on the prophet, is it possible for me to listen to music from my computer's hard drive via the Prophet from another room?
Install Orb on your home PC and you can listen to your music, watch your videos and live TV from anywhere in the world there is a Wi-Fi hotspot!!

terramax
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: WiFi streaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by decmac
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27
Install Orb on your home PC and you can listen to music anywhere in the world there is a Wi-Fi hotspot!!
Or even better - try RescoRadio. This is an amasing program.

ricky200
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Windows Media Encoder

Hi,

I found that the easiest way to do this is to install Windows Media Encoder 9 Series from Microsoft. You can set up your own broadcasting station with that. Install, choose content to stream, set desired compression, and voila, you'll be broadcasting to the whole world if you want to.

Ricky.

AbuYahya
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Default Re: Windows Media Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky200
Hi,

I found that the easiest way to do this is to install Windows Media Encoder 9 Series from Microsoft. You can set up your own broadcasting station with that. Install, choose content to stream, set desired compression, and voila, you'll be broadcasting to the whole world if you want to.

Ricky.
I've been trying to stream on M600 using WME9 and WMP10mobile but having difficulty connecting over wifi. I'v noted on some sites to add a " /* " . but this not help me.

does any one know any alternative. (i have used GSplayer and pocketmusic)

ricky200
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: Windows Media Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuYahya
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky200
Hi,

Ricky.
I've been trying to stream on M600 using WME9 and WMP10mobile but having difficulty connecting over wifi. I'v noted on some sites to add a " /* " . but this not help me.

does any one know any alternative. (i have used GSplayer and pocketmusic)
AbuYahya,

Are you sure you have the correct path from your WMP10 on your mobile? From WMP10, open URL and Put in your ip/local pc path and then add /live at the end as that is the default for WME9 broadcasting name.

Cheers...