FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

Sprint HTC One Max RUU 1.16.651.4

89 posts
Thanks Meter: 17
 
By alucke, Member on 25th January 2014, 04:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
 
 
25th January 2014, 07:26 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 340
 
More
Great. Is this the encrypted ruu? People just need to know if they need to be s-on to flash. Thanks!
25th January 2014, 07:31 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggity Janx

Great. Is this the encrypted ruu? People just need to know if they need to be s-on to flash. Thanks!

This is an encrypted RUU. Your bootloader needs to be locked. you don't need to be s-on from what i can tell. I flashed this RUU with s-off, and I remained s-off.
25th January 2014, 08:07 PM |#4  
ChadH42's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 332
 
More
I have downloaded this file 3 times but WinZip and 7-zip can't open it.
25th January 2014, 08:09 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 340
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggity Janx

Great. Is this the encrypted ruu? People just need to know if they need to be s-on to flash. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucke

This is an encrypted RUU. Your bootloader needs to be locked. you don't need to be s-on from what i can tell. I flashed this RUU with s-off, and I remained s-off.

Youre right. Meant if they can be s-on and flash. They dont have to be.
25th January 2014, 08:27 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadH42

I have downloaded this file 3 times but WinZip and 7-zip can't open it.

The contents of the .zip file are encrypted. It is meant to be flashed in hboot of the bootloader. Rename is to 0P3PIMG.zip, put it in /sdcard. Then restart phone, press the vol down, till you in the bootloader, then hboot will see the zip file. and just follow the on-screen direction
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alucke For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2014, 07:46 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag hammond
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
This may be a stupid question, but does it matter if bootloader is locked or unlocked when flashing this? Cant get bootloader to recognize file. Renamed it and have it on root of sd card. Currently have locked bootloader.
28th January 2014, 09:28 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 340
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindripper72

This may be a stupid question, but does it matter if bootloader is locked or unlocked when flashing this? Cant get bootloader to recognize file. Renamed it and have it on root of sd card. Currently have locked bootloader.

Should be locked. Root of which sdcard though? Remember we have sdcard (internal sd) and sdcard 2 (external sd).
Last edited by Jiggity Janx; 28th January 2014 at 09:56 PM.
28th January 2014, 11:18 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag hammond
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
I put it on root of ext sd

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th January 2014, 11:24 PM |#10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindripper72

I put it on root of ext sd

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

did you rename it to 0P3PIMG.zip and put it in the root of SDCard,(internal SD) not SDcard2 (external SD)
28th January 2014, 11:26 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag hammond
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Ahh ok put on on external....thanks

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes