Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What do you think of the T-mobile SGS II?

Tip us?

barondebxl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1453
Default What do you think of the T-mobile SGS II?

Hey guys, I'm planning on getting this phone tomorrow so I just wanted to start a thread to see what people think about this phone. Don't need quadrant scores or anything like that. Just what do you guys think of that phone after a day of using it? Thanks guys!

jburnette87
Old
Thanks Meter 193
I'm going to have a seat in this thread.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
Current Setup:

iPhone 5 (16GB LTE)
Galaxy Note 2 (16GB LTE)
Retina iPad (32GB LTE)
Beats By Dre Pro's

CadioXIII
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Were to start....

The phone is just Beast. Responsive, smooth, powerful, clear, beautiful ect. ect. ect.

I haven't tested the Amaze but i have read up on it, the "cons" that i have read other people say about this phone compared to it seem to be pretty quickly decided and kinda biased (my own opinion please don't beat me for that) in any case I didn't sleep much due to my phone (mostly trying to stay awake to kill the battery to so i can give it its full charge) but i'm not disappointing with the SGS II at all.

I also have the SGS 4g, and when i got that phone i was thrilled, development for the phone was well under way by the time i got it. and i personally think the SGS II is a perfect successor.

As for the specifics, you can find all the info elsewhere
The Following User Says Thank You to CadioXIII For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AllGamer
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1576

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by barondebxl View Post
Hey guys, I'm planning on getting this phone tomorrow so I just wanted to start a thread to see what people think about this phone. Don't need quadrant scores or anything like that. Just what do you guys think of that phone after a day of using it? Thanks guys!
there are many video reviews on tmonews and mobilesyrup

you can see them by yourself and judge, or better yet, go to any tmo store and try it out yourself

Donation is appreciated but not required, a cup of Coffee would suffice

Samsung i9000m: on CM10
Samsung Nexus S: on JB 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989: on CM10
Samsung Galaxy NOTE SGH-i717r: on CM10
Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 SM-N900W8: stock 4.3

shorty87
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I bought the phone yesterday and am loving it. At first I didn't like the resolution since I'm coming from a Sensation which has an amazing resolution. But the larger smoother screen on the Galaxy S2 is pretty damn nice. The phone is blazing fast and typing on this is so much better than on the Sensation. Swype responds quickly and I'm just loving the smooth feel of the screen.

The only issues for me are that there is no WiFi Calling yet and the resolution. But I can get used to the resolution and WiFi Calling should come sometime soon.
The_Biz Old
Thanks Meter
Its the 1st phone I've loved since the Nokia n70 days. And that's a long time.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Jjday7
Old
(Last edited by Jjday7; 13th October 2011 at 07:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 78
Problem solved. This phone is freakin awesome.

I posted earlier about the audio problem but it looks like I needed to format my SD card before I moved it from one phone to another.

Jorge18
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Simply put, the phone is incredible.

Go into it with reasonable expectations and you'll love it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

shorty87
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Gotta add one more amazing thing about this beast. The data speeds are way better than any other phone I've ever used. The Sensation would give me about 7-8 Mbps max. I've already hit up to 13 Mbps on GS2.

Jjday7
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty87 View Post
Gotta add one more amazing thing about this beast. The data speeds are way better than any other phone I've ever used. The Sensation would give me about 7-8 Mbps max. I've already hit up to 13 Mbps on GS2.
I'm running at a steady 13mb and my YouTube and web browsing is lightning fast. My YouTube plays instantly and buffers extremely better than I've seen with other phones.