Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 48,383 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Customizing S Pen sounds?

Tip us?

jdmsohc22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Default Customizing S Pen sounds?

I remember back in the Touch Pro 2 days, you could customize the phones sounds to other .wav's when you would slide the keyboard out and then shut it.. One that I loved was the gun trigger/gun shot, and was just wondering if there's anyway to get those sounds on the S Pen removal/reinsertion? That'd be so awesome lol..!! Thanks in advance..

"i'm towelrooted, stock rom btw"

jdmsohc22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Anybody?

majortaylor
Old
Thanks Meter 220
System/media/audio/ui is where the spen sounds are stored. Just download a sound you like from google and place here and set permissions and reboot

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Pen_det_noti1.ogg and pen_att_noti1.ogg is what the sounds files are called you need to replace

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Then after that go to spen settings and set the attach/detach sound to sound 1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to majortaylor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andygev35
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Just make sure you change the permissions to rw-r-r.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using TapatalkŪ
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andygev35 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jdmsohc22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortaylor View Post
System/media/audio/ui is where the spen sounds are stored. Just download a sound you like from google and place here and set permissions and reboot

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Pen_det_noti1.ogg and pen_att_noti1.ogg is what the sounds files are called you need to replace

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by andygev35 View Post
Just make sure you change the permissions to rw-r-r.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using TapatalkŪ
Thanks guys, gonna give this a shot..! If it is as easy as I assume it will be I'll do a little write up to help others as well..!
The Following User Says Thank You to jdmsohc22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jdmsohc22
Old
(Last edited by jdmsohc22; 3rd July 2014 at 07:22 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Yayyyy hahaha soooo awesome..!!

jdmsohc22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
I tried to upload the ones i used so I could share with you guys but it's not letting me use the attachment tool, it says "invalid file"...! I'm such a happy camper right now lol..! Thanks so much for ur help guys..!

shane1981
Old
(Last edited by shane1981; 4th July 2014 at 03:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortaylor View Post

Tried this exactly like it says and it didnt work. Now it plays one of the ringtones that came with the rom. But im using root browser and when you click play it plays the correct sound but not when you attatch /detatch the pen. any suggestions?

sent from my supernote 3 on Dynamic kat 4.0

Cod3L1ne
Old
Thanks Meter 322
Works perfect just download a spen sound zip anywhere on here and extract the .ogg files you want

Sent from N900A ThunderKat HeadQuarterZ

Phone: Note 2

TouchWiz: 4.3
Software number:
Kernel version: 2.1.2
Baseband version: MK6
Build number: 3.1.1
Recovery: TWRP

jdmsohc22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane1981 View Post
Tried this exactly like it says and it didnt work. Now it plays one of the ringtones that came with the rom. But im using root browser and when you click play it plays the correct sound but not when you attatch /detatch the pen. any suggestions?

sent from my supernote 3 on Dynamic kat 4.0
Make sure the word "Pen" is capitalized on both ogg files, that's what made mine start working after I also had that problem..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod3L1ne View Post
Works perfect just download a spen sound zip anywhere on here and extract the .ogg files you want

Sent from N900A ThunderKat HeadQuarterZ
Would be cool if there was an app that came with a bunch of preloaded sounds.. They're very small files so I don't see it being very hard to do =) just a bit out of my realm of do'ability lol..!