Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Customizing S Pen sounds?

Tip us?
 
jdmsohc22
Old
#1  
jdmsohc22's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 859
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: My-ah-me, FL
Default Customizing S Pen sounds?

I remember back in the Touch Pro 2 days, you could customize the phones sounds to other .wav's when you would slide the keyboard out and then shut it.. One that I loved was the gun trigger/gun shot, and was just wondering if there's anyway to get those sounds on the S Pen removal/reinsertion? That'd be so awesome lol..!! Thanks in advance..

"i'm towelrooted, stock rom btw"
 
jdmsohc22
Old
#2  
jdmsohc22's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 859
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: My-ah-me, FL
Anybody?
 
majortaylor
Old
#3  
majortaylor's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 239
Posts: 574
Join Date: Jul 2012
System/media/audio/ui is where the spen sounds are stored. Just download a sound you like from google and place here and set permissions and reboot

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Pen_det_noti1.ogg and pen_att_noti1.ogg is what the sounds files are called you need to replace

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Then after that go to spen settings and set the attach/detach sound to sound 1

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to majortaylor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
andygev35
Old
#4  
andygev35's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 101
Join Date: Jun 2014

 
DONATE TO ME
Just make sure you change the permissions to rw-r-r.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk®
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andygev35 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jdmsohc22
Old
#5  
jdmsohc22's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 859
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: My-ah-me, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortaylor View Post
System/media/audio/ui is where the spen sounds are stored. Just download a sound you like from google and place here and set permissions and reboot

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Pen_det_noti1.ogg and pen_att_noti1.ogg is what the sounds files are called you need to replace

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Then after that go to spen settings and set the attach/detach sound to sound 1

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by andygev35 View Post
Just make sure you change the permissions to rw-r-r.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk®
Thanks guys, gonna give this a shot..! If it is as easy as I assume it will be I'll do a little write up to help others as well..!
The Following User Says Thank You to jdmsohc22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jdmsohc22
Old
(Last edited by jdmsohc22; 3rd July 2014 at 07:22 PM.)
#6  
jdmsohc22's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 859
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: My-ah-me, FL
Yayyyy hahaha soooo awesome..!!
 
jdmsohc22
Old
#7  
jdmsohc22's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 859
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: My-ah-me, FL
I tried to upload the ones i used so I could share with you guys but it's not letting me use the attachment tool, it says "invalid file"...! I'm such a happy camper right now lol..! Thanks so much for ur help guys..!
 
shane1981
Old
(Last edited by shane1981; 4th July 2014 at 03:08 AM.)
#8  
shane1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 126
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: millington
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortaylor View Post
System/media/audio/ui is where the spen sounds are stored. Just download a sound you like from google and place here and set permissions and reboot

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Pen_det_noti1.ogg and pen_att_noti1.ogg is what the sounds files are called you need to replace

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Then after that go to spen settings and set the attach/detach sound to sound 1

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Tried this exactly like it says and it didnt work. Now it plays one of the ringtones that came with the rom. But im using root browser and when you click play it plays the correct sound but not when you attatch /detatch the pen. any suggestions?

sent from my supernote 3 on Dynamic kat 4.0
sent by my note 3 on DK 5.0. in the stock slot!!
:
 
Cod3L1ne
Old
#9  
Cod3L1ne's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 434
Posts: 824
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: NC
Works perfect just download a spen sound zip anywhere on here and extract the .ogg files you want

Sent from N900A ThunderKat HeadQuarterZ

Phone: Note 3

TouchWiz: 4.4.2
Software number:
Kernel version: 3.4.0-257432
Baseband version: MLG
Build number: 4.2 DN-TKAT
Recovery: TWRP

 
jdmsohc22
Old
#10  
jdmsohc22's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 859
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: My-ah-me, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane1981 View Post
Tried this exactly like it says and it didnt work. Now it plays one of the ringtones that came with the rom. But im using root browser and when you click play it plays the correct sound but not when you attatch /detatch the pen. any suggestions?

sent from my supernote 3 on Dynamic kat 4.0
Make sure the word "Pen" is capitalized on both ogg files, that's what made mine start working after I also had that problem..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod3L1ne View Post
Works perfect just download a spen sound zip anywhere on here and extract the .ogg files you want

Sent from N900A ThunderKat HeadQuarterZ
Would be cool if there was an app that came with a bunch of preloaded sounds.. They're very small files so I don't see it being very hard to do =) just a bit out of my realm of do'ability lol..!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes