Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 46,803 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

touchscreen not working in recovery

Tip us?

mikexmayhem
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default touchscreen not working in recovery

i have been having some problems flashing roms. i keep getting errors. i tried the latest pacman rom and dirty unicorns rom and both have an error. so i tried updating to the newest twrp recovery. and going down one version as well to see if it would help. anyways now i am stuck in recovery, my touch screen wont work, and twrp has a screen lock that i cant get out of because i cant slide the slider since my touch screen wont work. how do i get back to boot loader so i can flash another version of the recovery so i can get my phone back!!! help!

PhoenixPath
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Boot loader: volume down+power. Hold until you are in bootloader mode.

Once there flash the latest RUU for your device (assuming you are S-OFF).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
| Devices: | HTC One (M8) T-Mobile | HTC One (M7) T-Mobile (Currently WiFi Only) |
| Current software: | 4.4.2 |

holmesnmanny
Old
Thanks Meter 7
you just need usb otg and use a usb mouse to control your screen

when htc went to 4.3 from 4.1.2 they made sure to change the screen so that people that tried to downgrade messed up their phone and went back to 4.3

mikexmayhem
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by holmesnmanny View Post
you just need usb otg and use a usb mouse to control your screen

when htc went to 4.3 from 4.1.2 they made sure to change the screen so that people that tried to downgrade messed up their phone and went back to 4.3
Haha that's funny. Anyways I fixed it. I tried the volume and power keys like normal for hours and nothing happened. Finally, per another thread somewhere, I held the phone under a light and bam it reboots and I refreshed. BUT I still can't flash any other roms it seems. Viper rom 4.2.0 works. But so far no other roms work. Right now I'm on a gummy nightly rom. But I can't even update that. It says an error every time

holmesnmanny
Old
Thanks Meter 7
http://www.cellphoneshop.net/microb....FQPZQgodACQAmg