FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] HTC One M7 Keylayout or AVRCP.kl

53 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By IIHomieII, Member on 26th April 2013, 07:51 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have rooted my HTC One aka M7 and all is well except when I try to edit my keyboard layout which is located in:

/system/usr/keylayout

I can edit the file but when rebooting to test it, my changes have reverted back to stock.

I am familiar with editing the files as I have done this before on many phones and tablets.

I usually just use ES File Explorer with R/W (Read / Write) permissions turned on for the /system directory.

Very easy to do and have never had a problem before.

As a test, I have tried renaming the original file by adding a number 1 to the end of the file and then replacing the stock file with my edited version.

This has always worked but when I try this on the HTC One upon reboot the original file that has been renamed with a 1 at the end is now gone from the /system/usr/keylayout folder and the stock file is back and the edited version of the file is gone.

I know 'file permissions' are correct as I have set the file to what it was before any changes and I know I have R/W permisions for the /system folder set correctly because without it I can not even rename the stock file (adding the 1 on to the end of the file's name is not allowed unless R/W is set for the /system folder).

It is almost like there is a backup that is being replaced upon reboot to the /system/usr/keylayout folder.

If there is a backup, I can not find where the backup file is to edit/change it also.

I am trying to change the AVRCP.kl file but it its the same no matter which file I edit or rename, it always reverts back to stock file (both the name and the contents) after a reboot.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone edited there keylayout on the HTC One aka M7 yet?

Thanks

23rd December 2014, 09:21 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Come on people, no one can answer this question?
I have the exact same problem except I have an M8. Something somewhere keeps reverting the kl file/folder on reboot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread