Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,656 Members 52,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

URGENT. Installed wrong kernel to I9505 S4. Need advice!

Tip us?

Ripebear
Old
(Last edited by Ripebear; 25th January 2014 at 05:22 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default URGENT. Installed wrong kernel to I9505 S4. Need advice!

I've rushed into trying to root my Galaxy S4, but used the wrong process. I have a GT I9505 and used the SCH-I545 pre-release kernel making it stick after the samsung screen.

It has a blue light in top corner, I've removed battery and put it back in and when I try to turn it on in top left it says;

KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
Set warranty bit: kernel

I've tried flashing stock ROM but to no avail just hangs on connecting in Odin!

Please help! At this point I would like to get my phone back to normal or root it properly. Thanks

At this point I have only installed an incompatible kernel. It still boots into recovery mode and Download mode!

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripebear View Post
I've rushed into trying to root my Galaxy S4, but used the wrong process. I have a GT I9505 and used the SCH-I545 pre-release kernel making it stick after the samsung screen.

It has a blue light in top corner, I've removed battery and put it back in and when I try to turn it on in top left it says;

KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
Set warranty bit: kernel

I've tried flashing stock ROM but to no avail just hangs on connecting in Odin!

Please help! At this point I would like to get my phone back to normal or root it properly. Thanks

At this point I have only installed an incompatible kernel. It still boots into recovery mode and Download mode!
Download stock Firmware for you phone and flash it from Odin. Does Odin recognise phone in Download mode? If not, do you have kies or samsung usb drivers installed?

Ripebear
Old
(Last edited by Ripebear; 25th January 2014 at 06:12 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
Download stock Firmware for you phone and flash it from Odin. Does Odin recognise phone in Download mode? If not, do you have kies or samsung usb drivers installed?
I've tried to do that but I'm not sure if I have the correct firmware! I'm in UK on Vodafone.

I have a download but I try to install it and it just says Fail every time!? It still recognises the phone but now it says;

Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. PLease select recovery mode in KIES and try again.

Could you help me find a place to get a decent speed download of the firmware?

I'm unsure of the model details cause I can't get it on!

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3,370
Quote:
I've tried to do that but I'm not sure if I have the correct firmware! I'm in UK on Vodafone.

I have a download but I try to install it and it just says Fail every time!? It still recognises the phone but now it says;

Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. PLease select recovery mode in KIES and try again.

Could you help me find a place to get a decent speed download of the firmware?

I'm unsure of the model details cause I can't get it on!
Try here: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9505

I do not have GT-I9505, so I am not sure if there are any faster links. That phone have its section, you will much faster find answer here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4

Ripebear
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
Try here: http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9505

I do not have GT-I9505, so I am not sure if there are any faster links. That phone have its section, you will much faster find answer here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4
Thanks for reply.

The second link just links back to these forums don't they? I've actually posted in the S4 Q&A since you mentioned so I'll see what they say.

Will KIES be of any use here?

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3,370
Quote:
Thanks for reply.

The second link just links back to these forums don't they? I've actually posted in the S4 Q&A since you mentioned so I'll see what they say.

Will KIES be of any use here?
If you can't boot into the system Kies has no use. Better wait someone with your phone to answer you. (in that thread).
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Joery1983
Old
(Last edited by Joery1983; 25th January 2014 at 07:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 265
Get your official firmware from Sammobile.com if odin doesn't recognise the phone install the correct drivers for the i9505 you can also try to use a different version of odin 3.09 for instance

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk