Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 45,341 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Android Revolution HD error while restarting

Tip us?

Pilsner12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Android Revolution HD error while restarting

Hi all,
I have problem with Android Revolution HD by mike1986 ROM. Everything working well expect restarting. If I restarted, phone didnt start rom but only clockworkmod and only one way how to correctly start phone is connect via cable to computer and over fastboot boot boot.img push boot.img into phone.. And second issue - in clockworkomod I cant make backup - everytime it ends with error message..

Any idea how to fix it? Thanks

kimsillasen
Old
(Last edited by kimsillasen; 9th January 2014 at 07:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I have this exact problem too. I'm ENG S-OFF and ARHD 9.2 installer is fine until the very last step when it goes "assert failed" and something about extracting the boot.img to /tmp/boot.img.

I tried going about it the same way I read before with CyanogenMod where I'd manually flash the boot.img in fastboot to make sure it was flashed properly or I'd just get bootloop into recovery, but it's a no-go. It flashes fine, of course, but it doesn't help one bit. I'll be damned if I'm giving up and moving to CyanogenMod again after going through all the guides and reading page up and page down of things that basically didn't help me.

Does anyone have a solution or an idea why ARHD 9.2 fails when extracting the boot.img to /tmp?

EDIT: Same issue with ARHD 7.3 btw.

EDIT2: I gave up and went to CyanogenMod 10.2. Worked the first time...

JJeamy
Old
Thanks Meter 137
did you already tried using another custom recovery..like 4ext or TWRP..?
press the button .. then you have proved that you really appreciate someone help

HTC Sensation XE Z715e >>S-OFF||4Ext_Recovery||ViperS 5.1.0 Sense 5 ROM
HTC Desire S>>S-OFF||4Ext_Recovery||MDDI Panel-Hopefully future development Kernel
Samsung Galaxy Y SCH-I509>>Stock
Blackberry Bellagio 9790>>Hybrid OS TheZoners_XHDTuning Series 7.1

XEPopa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeamy View Post
did you already tried using another custom recovery..like 4ext or TWRP..?
Hi, I have same problem, I tryed install 2 custom rom, but device started only to ClockworkMod Recovery ...
I tryed hard reset - wipe all data, not help

JJeamy
Old
Thanks Meter 137
just tried installing TWRP recovery..look in here..
press the button .. then you have proved that you really appreciate someone help

HTC Sensation XE Z715e >>S-OFF||4Ext_Recovery||ViperS 5.1.0 Sense 5 ROM
HTC Desire S>>S-OFF||4Ext_Recovery||MDDI Panel-Hopefully future development Kernel
Samsung Galaxy Y SCH-I509>>Stock
Blackberry Bellagio 9790>>Hybrid OS TheZoners_XHDTuning Series 7.1

kimsillasen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've been using TWRP2 all along. It works very well on my HTC One and Nexus 7 both. I gave it another try today, but it's still a no-go. I think I've tried most every combination of things now. No matter. I'm giving the nightly CM11 a try now.

kimsillasen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Aha! Turns out I had a faulty SD-card. I could write to it and all, but I couldn't delete any files off it. No format worked. Nothing. It couldn't readily be identified, but at least I found the cause and now it's working perfectly. Smooth and fast. Very, very nice. I'm a happy camper.