Hello guys, huge thanks to everyone for testing and helping me on this project. Project has officially been discontinued
Android is one of the largest Operating System and Community out there, so many devices are first hand launched with new versions of Android. But it's not just about the Operating System. It's also about the applications selection.
There is a wide range of applications available in the Play Store but companies don't stick to one Operating System, they distribute their app according to their stats too. So all OS's get it.
But it's unfair to see how some Operating Systems (aka iOS) gets an improved version of Instagram which suits the UI. But Android is stuck with the ugly and revolting layout which doesn't fit in with the new OS layout.
I couldn't be bothered waiting so I decided to take the step myself, with minor coding and image skills I produced a first version. I then began learning more about coding and image editing and now I present to you the all new and improved version of Instagram.
Please take the time to read all the information, there isn't many but please read it, I'm actually tired of people posting and or asking about bugs which have been mentioned and have been solved. It would help me save time.
OFFICIAL PROJECT SITE | XDA PORTAL | FACEBOOK SHARE FIX
TYPES OF VERSIONS
KK Version What is this version? This version has the new KitKat layouts, and is specifically made for devices running the latest Android platform, which in this case is Android 4.4.2. Works on devices with Jelly Bean +
NL Version This is the alternate option, if you have a device that isn't on KitKat, you have to use this version. Also if the KitKat version doesn't work for you then this is your alternate option.
NL is recommended for users with Jelly Bean (If not working on JB) and lower. Or for users experiencing force closes upon start up.
Version 0.6 and above supports all Armv6 devices, as this was built for new devices only. Check credits for the user that gave me a chance to install a new library that allowed this to work on ArmV6 phones, no more camera compatibility errors.
LATEST - STABLE
Instagram Flat IOS7 Style KK 0.8 - DOWNLOAD (5.0.8 Update)
Instagram Flat IOS7 Style NL 0.8 - DOWNLOAD (5.0.8 Update)
OLDER - VERSIONS
Instagram Flat IOS7 Style NL 0.7 - DOWNLOAD (5.0.8 Update)
Instagram Flat IOS7 Style KK 0.6 - DOWNLOAD (5.0.7 Update)
Instagram Flat IOS7 Style NL 0.6 - DOWNLOAD (5.0.7 Update)
Instagram Flat IOS7 Style N5 0.5 - NEXUS 5 - MIRROR (5.0.6 Update)
Instagram Flat IOS7 Style KK 0.5 - DOWNLOAD - MIRROR (5.0.6 Update)
Instagram Flat IOS7 Style NL 0.5 - DOWNLOAD - MIRROR (5.0.6 Update)
Instagram Flat IOS7 Style 0.4 - DOWNLOAD - (Latest Instagram Update)
Instagram Flat IOS7 Style 0.4 - MIRROR - Google Drive
Instagram Flat IOS7 Style 0.3 - DOWNLOAD - (Latest Instagram Update)
Instagram Flat IOS7 Style 0.2 - DOWNLOAD - (Latest Instagram Update)
Instagram Flat IOS7 Style 0.1 - DOWNLOAD - (Latest Instagram Update)
Instagram Beta IOS7 BETA!!!! - DOWNLOAD - (Latest Instagram Update)
Firstly, if you have Instagram alreayd installed, please uninstall it. Once uninstalled, download any Instagram version you want from this thread, and install it as any normal .apk. Once installed, open it and enjoy!
- Video bug = You will not be able to post videos because of crash, however I have fixed the crash bug but now the videos won't load in the editor resulting in the same outcome. I am looking into this.
- Tagging a user bug = When tagging a user before posting a picture. The screen slightly moves up "around 1-10dip" up. Its still functional but its a layout glitch.
- Tumblr bug = When using the Tumblr share option. The window background goes blue and doesn't match the colour scheme.
- The Tagging and Tumblr bug do not ruin your experience. However the video issue is present in all stable builds.
0.8 - - Screenshots
Application acceleration in Lib files, scrolls smoother on some devices.
Aligned the Instagram Logo to the middle.
Changed the Like - Comment - More buttons. Completely re did them with clearer images. No more over lapping.
Added a new heart pop up. Inspired form of Mobli.
Black actionbar in Camera UI
Completely new and beautiful laid out Camera UI
Option "3 dot" button resized and many more tweaks.
OLD - Logs
- Fixed explore icon - clear
- Added original inbox, made modifications to it - more holo
- Changed the comment button and resized a it a bit.
- Richer contrast in both like and comment icons, as well as more.
- Re based on 5.0.8
- Colour edits.
- Re designed toast - pop up notification in window.
- Updated comment button to square text bubble.
- Fixed suggested user glitch, background is nice and clear now.
- Fixed view all comments (Now visible).
- Larger camera icon in tabs.
- Made tab icons clearer.
- Changed instagram login brand to "Ascend Apps".
- Minor colouring edits.
- Reverted switch buttons in profile.
- Feed header name now dark grey.
- Clearer explore tab.
- Minor clean ups in code.
0.6 - - Screenshots
- Resized tab icons, to match sequence correctly.
- White background in Profile and explore.
- Re modified tab icons, much clearer. Will make it clearer in next release.
- set the follow - post - following, layout position to 0.5dip.
- Lightened edit profile button.
- Resized search icon in Action Bar, made it slightly smaller.
- New lighter tabs in News section.
- View mode tabs - "Photos Of Me" and "Map Photos" new tabs.
- Profile "Grid view" and "List View" new tabs.
- Added Roboto font.
- New icon instead of camera when logging on.
- Added experimental support for devices with ArmV6 cpu, Thanks to @Monsterdaaz
- Added the original Instagram icons now. (Image)
- Cleaned up in app icons (HD). (Image)
- Moved inbox toggle to the left side of the action bar. (In Code)
- Moved instagram logo into the middle. (In Code)
- Full matt buttons no round edges in search. (Image)
- Caps characters (USERS - TAGS). (In Code)
- Darkened comment icon.
- Matt Coloured and straight tabs for (mdpi-hdpi).
- New Project Base (5.0.7)
- Added all above changes.
- iOS7 camera shutter buttons (Blue and Red). (Image)
- Camera UI Icon mods. (Image)
- Added @QuanShousio Video toggle icon to camera UI. (Image)
- Made a new gallery selection icon - Matches the above ones. (Image)
- Fixed forceclose upon image selection from gallery. (In Code)
- Temp/Trial fix for video posting. (In Code - Partially modded)
- iOS7 Tab icons, thanks to @QuanShousio again! (Image)
- Changed profile background from dark grey to white. (In Code)
- Colouring changes. (In Code)
- And loads more that I cannot remember, I don't record my changes down >.>
-Instagram logo moved into middle.
-New camera icons, re done.
-Straightening icon - wip.
-Roboto Regular fonts.
-New comment icon.
-Code edits - Graphical glitch fix.
0.5 NL -
-Everything mentioned above! (0.5).
-Video recodring/editing/posting - fixed.
-Removed Kitkat status bar layout.
-Set the default window size to detect, lets it work on all devices.
-New instagram home branding.
-Removed blurry icons.
-Added KitKat UI icons - Search, Message, Options, etc.
-Clean ups in .xml files.
-Removed image border.
-Camera UI - More natural and not just blue.
-More simple Tabs in "News" - No more glitchy ones.
-Derp ~ You'll figure it out .
-New KitKat Translucent layouts.
- Tinted status module, will not work on JB and Lower!
-Reverted News tabs to BETA ones.
-Camera layout UI Edits.
-Map Navigation option tabs.
-Action bar buttons - Darker when pressed.
-New Flat Buttons - Follow - Unfollow.
-Fixed Dimension Errors..
-Fixed Warped Action bar.
BETA 0.1 -
-Removed all changes from BETA.
-Flat colours added:.
-Image Straightening Pointer.
-Map Buttons (1/11?).
-News Tab (Following - You) Buttons.
-Workaround -Buttons missing shadow.
-Same Flat Icon.
-IOS styled "Like" and "Comment" buttons.
-Dark Grey Tabs.
-Dark Grey Action Bar.
-Light Grey Bottom tab present.
-New Tab Tray Icons.
-Removed Blurr Startup.
-Dark Grey Pressed Buttons.
Instagram - Developing the App.
- Krishneelg3 - Refining the App.
- Ashishdubey - Tips on Kitkat layout.
- Musashihatred - Solution for Facebook share.
- Monsterdaaz - For uploading ArmV6 libraries that I needed.
- QuanShousio - For the camera and video on V0.7
XDA Community - For suggesting and trying it!
Youtube Video Review - Here
IF YOU LIKE THIS NEW ADDITION TO INSTAGRAM - DON'T HESITATE TO HIT THE THANK BUTTON