Review of Anker Bluetooth stereo headset w/lots of pics!!!

Search This thread

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
This is a review of Anker Bluetooth Stereo headset for music streaming and hands free calling. http://www.amazon.com/Anker®-Bluetooth-Headset-HandsFree-Calling/dp/B00ENF5CZQ/

Yes, believe it or not, people still use these single piece on-ear wireless headsets when driving or outside where they still have to be aware of surrounding. That is a key with this type of headsets where your one ear is open to keep you aware of surrounding environment. Typically these feature better sound quality and more functionality in comparison to older models. So let's take a closer look at new addition to Anker's catalog.

Arrived in their signature environmentally friendly plastic-free package, you get a wireless headset with 2 sets of high quality adjustable ear-hooks, 3 pairs of silicone eartips in different sizes, and usb charging cable. This wireless headset is very light, at only 12g, and dimensions of approximately 55mm x 17mm x12mm and additional 15mm for earpiece part. The ear-hook rotates to adjust the angle by 360deg and can also be flipped 180deg for left/right ear use. It has a very sleek professional look with minimum controls, multifunction call/power button facing outside and volume up/down on the bottom edge. The top edge has micro-usb charging port.. Also, I was glad that Anker logo was printed inside, makes the outside of this headset to look clean. Furthermore, inside there was multi-color led indicator and microphone.

Pair up took seconds, and after initial connection a voice guidance provided a confirmation. Although I only tried using this headset inside where everything sounded crystal clearer up to 40ft away from my phone, according to the spec this headset is equipped with CVC (clear voice capture) echo and noise cancellation technology to help you in a noisy environment. As a bonus, beside just a phone connection, it was also connected to phone media (thanks to A2DP and AVRCP protocol support), and I was able to stream music from my Note 2 and remotely control the volume of the audio on my phone. Its a great feature since switching between playing music and picking up the call is seamless, and on a full battery charge you get up to 5hr of talk or audio playback.

Overall, its a great little wireless headset that packs a lot of features, has a nice solid build, and a very professional look. Considering a price of under $20 shipped and 18-month warranty with lifetime tech support - this is one great value as well.

Here are the pictures.

anker_stereo_earset-01_zpsf0fb6e7e.jpg

anker_stereo_earset-02_zps3a0670c3.jpg

anker_stereo_earset-03_zps438501de.jpg

anker_stereo_earset-04_zps27b1d4d8.jpg

anker_stereo_earset-05_zps8d6040fd.jpg

anker_stereo_earset-06_zps07ef5d44.jpg

anker_stereo_earset-07_zps69ee6237.jpg

anker_stereo_earset-08_zps1359b00f.jpg

anker_stereo_earset-09_zpsbc42dc56.jpg

anker_stereo_earset-10_zpse0f0b7d9.jpg

anker_stereo_earset-11_zps06893046.jpg