Y5 replacement for 4.3?

OP SirVilhelm

21st January 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27

394 posts
I have been using Y5 since my OG droid 2,0 and it has always worked very well. If you don't know what Y5 is its just a small app that will turn on and off your wifi depending on which cell towers you are connected to. It uses very little battery. Since updating to Android 4.3 it no longer works and the dev hasn't updated it in years.

Are there any similar apps that will work on 4.3?
22nd January 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #2  
Flag The Woodlands, TX
Thanks Meter: 146

475 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirVilhelm

I have been using Y5 since my OG droid 2,0 and it has always worked very well. If you don't know what Y5 is its just a small app that will turn on and off your wifi depending on which cell towers you are connected to. It uses very little battery. Since updating to Android 4.3 it no longer works and the dev hasn't updated it in years.

Tasker tasks can do the trick and Locale can also.
23rd January 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #3  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 7

57 posts
More
Quote:

I too really miss Y5 since upgrading to 4.3, I have found this paid app on google play which does this task of swithcing on wifi on or off

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...terwifimanager

there is no free or trial version of this app, I have not tried myself yet, but based on reviews this app seems to be good
23rd January 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

394 posts
Thank you, I will have to give it a try. Hopefully it isnt a waste of $3
26th January 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

394 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagendraps

I too really miss Y5 since upgrading to 4.3, I have found this paid app on google play which does this task of swithcing on wifi on or off

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...terwifimanager

there is no free or trial version of this app, I have not tried myself yet, but based on reviews this app seems to be good

Happy to report this app is working very well for me, thank you for the suggestion
The Following User Says Thank You to SirVilhelm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #6  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 7

57 posts
More
Quote:

Happy to report this app is working very well for me, thank you for the suggestion

Thanks for feedback, I am planning to buy
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread