5,597,501 Members 31,341 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SPH-L600 from Sprint (firmware?)

Tip us?

blohman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] SPH-L600 from Sprint (firmware?)

This is my fourth Samsung Android device, and you'd think I'd be beyond brilliant noob moves... but apparently not.

I got TWRP recovery installed on my device fine (Sprint SPH-L600)... but, since I saw this phone is a Tri-Band, I assumed that it was more or less identical regardless of provider (yeah... I know already... don't say it)

So now I'm looking for my old factory firmware to Odin back in because now my Samsung message just sits on my screen after boot animation.

All I wanted was root... which I managed to find after it was too late... so if I can get back to stock I'm good.

Anybody out there have any ideas on downloading the stock firmware again. I see the customs that are out aren't fully working yet... and all I was really missing with stock was hot spot and root access. I can live w/o hotspot and usb tether for now, and I solved my root issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

B

vwbug2007
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Im in same boat as your I soloved it by cwm recovery install silent rom temporarily it worked , now till we get hands on the stock usa version sprint rom, for those who have sprint galaxy mega 6.3 dont do rooting yet till someone figure out a safe way to root sprint version

Sent from my GT-I9200 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Correction its silentlight rom but no lte or 3g works grrr!

blohman
Old
(Last edited by blohman; 10th November 2013 at 02:22 PM.) Reason: Mispelling
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool Hmmm

Maybe all we need is some kind soul to make a nand backup of his stock firmware and post that back? Not sure. One of the drawbacks of being the first on your block with the new toy? I think so...

vwbug2007
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Yea right sprint mega is not the same rom as att or verzion!

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

One thing is if you had checked about and seen the firmware info what prefix is that for usa region?

stinger4321
Old
Thanks Meter 14
How is lte working on this phone? Have the lg g2 and there are serious issues with sprints spark....

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

blohman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone LTE Performance

Well... off topic, but I boot-looped the phone the first day that I got it... so not a great idea about how it runs on the network. My old phone (Epic4GT) was WiMax and it occasionally had 4g (and was fast when it did...). Sprint is phasing out WiMax in the coming months so I wanted an LTE. BUT... as far as I've observed so far, I NEVER had a 4G connection. Missing in the setup screens is the traditional "4G switch", but you can switch selection between CDMA and LTE/CDMA/Evo (among others)... and I tried toggling in and out of the LTE option and it never indicated to me 4GLTE on the notification area. Again, though... I only had it running for a short time, so I could have missed something. Really hoping someone antes up a stock firmware somehow so I can get on with trying it out for real. (to bring it back around to originating topic)

stinger4321
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I think for now you can only pickup the 1900mhz lte until sprint updates the APN with logon info for the other bands. Though you won't see 800mhz for a few years they are converting the wimax towers over to ltd so you will get that once the APN works

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

vwbug2007
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I finbaly got the phone mode working but stilk at 1x instead of 3g hmmmm

Sent from my GT-I9205 using xda app-developers app

blohman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Red face Tri-Band information

I actually read this morning that the S4 Mini is the only one (of the 4 sprint phones that will get Spark LTE) that is actually functioning. They are planning on doing OTA updates to enable it in the other three in the coming months. As for the 800 MHz broadcast... it's not WiMax, but actually the old Nextel hardware that their going to use. So for now, unless you have the S4 Mini, don't plan on using your 4G or Spark at all until Sprint updates your phone OTA.

blohman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb Firmware Version Anyone?!?

So I found some other stock firmware for the Mega on different carriers by searching the actual firmware build number. Is there anyone out there with a Sprint Mega who would be willing to look into their phone info to see what the build number is on your firmware and pass that along in this thread please?

Thanks so much in advance.