[Q] IMEI question

OP jsdad

24th January 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
I got an unlocked I727 from Ebay. I flashed stock 4.1.2 and everything works (I'm on T-Mobile- phone + LTE data works fine) except that when you use *#06#, the result is IMEI 0/10. I used QPST to try and see if I could write the IMEI number that was on the sticker. To my surprise, the IMEI number that was pulled by QPST matches the number on the sticker. My question is where is the dialer code *#06# pulling its information from? and can it be modified to match what's on the sticker?

Stock AT&T 4.1.2, baseband I727UCMC1
QPST 2.7 build 402
RF NV Manager 1.4.34
24th January 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag bolton, on
Thanks Meter: 3,339

3,140 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdad

I got an unlocked I727 from Ebay. I flashed stock 4.1.2 and everything works (I'm on T-Mobile- phone + LTE data works fine) except that when you use *#06#, the result is IMEI 0/10. I used QPST to try and see if I could write the IMEI number that was on the sticker. To my surprise, the IMEI number that was pulled by QPST matches the number on the sticker. My question is where is the dialer code *#06# pulling its information from? and can it be modified to match what's on the sticker?

QPST 2.7 build 402
RF NV Manager 1.4.34

leave well enough alone and dont try to mod the imei #, dont know of any1 here using qpst on the skyrocket as it could be a brick waiting to happen.
for more dialer codes read the 1stop sticky for dialer codes. link in my sig
Last edited by vincom; 24th January 2014 at 08:12 PM.
26th January 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #3  
Phazon Mines
Thanks Meter: 79

465 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdad

QPST 2.7 build 402
RF NV Manager 1.4.34

I agree with vincom and why do you NEED to fix the IMEI? If the phone works fine keep using it. if you feel uneasy about the IMEI issue refund the phone.

otherwise I would say don't touch lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread