Decision on whether I should purchase a Sprint Samsung galaxy note 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Duecemicro

Jan 26, 2014
I have the option of buying a Sprint Samsung galaxy note 3 n900p.12 for $240.00 I'm not sure if I should because it was apparently reported lost. I know someone that could clean the esn my only issue here is I want to be able to use it with a GSM carrier such as simply mobile or cricket or T-Mobile, etc. So my questions are one if it's rooted can it be used with a GSM carrier and will I get 4G speeds and two what's the value of a Sprint note 3. Thank you guys I appreciate the help.

Reactions: micmars

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
I have the option of buying a Sprint Samsung galaxy note 3 n900p.12 for $240.00 I'm not sure if I should because it was apparently reported lost. I know someone that could clean the esn my only issue here is I want to be able to use it with a GSM carrier such as simply mobile or cricket or T-Mobile, etc. So my questions are one if it's rooted can it be used with a GSM carrier and will I get 4G speeds and two what's the value of a Sprint note 3. Thank you guys I appreciate the help.

I for one wouldn't go posting that you know someone that performs a service that doesn't appear kosher, as cleaning bad ESNs seems similar to laundering money. I don't believe the fine folks at Xda even want folks mentioning such services. If I'm off base, then tell me, and I will happily correct this.

As to using the GSM function, I believe that you'll never have 4G, from what I've read, but again I could be wrong. There are many threads on this forum exactly about this question.

Finally, why not buy the dang thing for the harvest? Heck, I'd buy it, clean ESN or no, as a spare part device, since at that price it is a dang good deal. You could probably make a tidy profit finding a buyer for it on Swappa, or a local cell repair store.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited:

DroidDonX

Nov 9, 2012
Monee, IL
I'm too am leary of buying a lost or stolen phone, but for $240 I would consider it. You can get it working on GSM (T-Mobile), and it will get decent data speeds. FWIW technically you will get T-Mobile 4G (it really named 3G/H+), but you wont get the LTE speeds. I tested a sprint S4 on tmobile, and it was getting 7mbps down and 1.2mbps up in my area. Talk and text worked great also.

Reactions: kingdazy

kingdazy

Feb 24, 2010
Olympia
this is hilarious, @micmars
your ability to be polite, and loquacious, with an undercurrent of smirk consistently astounds me,

and yes, for parts, sure. not for any other reason would I purchase this phone.

and further, xda is really Not Into having subjects about bad ENS stuff. expect a thread close.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And, thread closed as we do not do this type of discussion here...move along folks.

I for one wouldn't go posting that you know someone that performs a service that doesn't appear kosher, as cleaning bad ESNs seems similar to laundering money. I don't believe the fine folks at Xda even want folks mentioning such services. If I'm off base, then tell me, and I will happily correct this.

As to using the GSM function, I believe that you'll never have 4G, from what I've read, but again I could be wrong. There are many threads on this forum exactly about this question.

Finally, why not buy the dang thing for the harvest? Heck, I'd buy it, clean ESN or no, as a spare part device, since at that price it is a dang good deal. You could probably make a tidy profit finding a buyer for it on Swappa, or a local cell repair store.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    this is hilarious, @micmars
    your ability to be polite, and loquacious, with an undercurrent of smirk consistently astounds me,

and yes, for parts, sure. not for any other reason would I purchase this phone.

and further, xda is really Not Into having subjects about bad ENS stuff. expect a thread close.
    I'm too am leary of buying a lost or stolen phone, but for $240 I would consider it. You can get it working on GSM (T-Mobile), and it will get decent data speeds. FWIW technically you will get T-Mobile 4G (it really named 3G/H+), but you wont get the LTE speeds. I tested a sprint S4 on tmobile, and it was getting 7mbps down and 1.2mbps up in my area. Talk and text worked great also.