I believe i found a bug...L520 Gdr3.....

Search This thread
During the snowfal this morning i was filming with my L520.
Instead of closing the camera, i closed the flipcover and put the little Phone back in my jacket........yes the cam was stil running.
After a while i discovered my error and switcht it of.
No problem.............until i looked ad the video.
The video had trouble playing after 18 minutes of playtime, it froze after exact 18 minutes.
My first action was a reboot.
Then i looked at the video again, and again after 18 minutes it frozed............
I tried to delete the video but that was a big no go............
Instead of deleting the Phone rebooted.

After boot up, the Phone crashed and rebooted again ( by it self ).
After a couple of unexplainable reboots i removed the battery and tried to boot again.
No cure.....it kept freezing and rebooting.

So again i removed the battery and this time the Sd and copied and removed the video manualy with my laptop.
After that i put the Sd card back in and booted the little monster.
Strangely anougt............it worked, no odd reboots and no freezing.

I looked at the video on my laptop and the video was 3.5 Gb and a playtime of 45 minutes.
But i only had clean video for 18 minutes and after that the mediaplayers crashed.
I did some editing and splitted the video in two parts, one the 18 minutes and the rest.
The 18 minutes was exactly 1 Gb.

Maybe i am wrong but is there a link to the 1 Gb or 18 minutes.??????????
The troubles begon after i tried to play that video, and it would not let me remove it......

Am i on to something?

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Yeah, could be an issue with videos larger than 1GB (or longer than 18 minutes) I guess... Did you actually put the phone to sleep (power button) before pocketing it, or just cover it? Was there any more actual video past that 18 minute mark (i.e. was any of the second part watchable)?

Yeah, could be an issue with videos larger than 1GB (or longer than 18 minutes) I guess... Did you actually put the phone to sleep (power button) before pocketing it, or just cover it? Was there any more actual video past that 18 minute mark (i.e. was any of the second part watchable)?

The second part was not watchable, even after a atempt of recoding.

About the sleepmode, i never do that, i always tick it to the homescreen and then flip the case and thats it.

I wil try to trigger that event againt.......

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Odd that the cutoff should be so precise. Do you happen to know whether that was the exact point at which you pocketed the phone, or should there have been more to the recording (or do the last few minutes just show the inside of your jacket)?

Odd that the cutoff should be so precise. Do you happen to know whether that was the exact point at which you pocketed the phone, or should there have been more to the recording (or do the last few minutes just show the inside of your jacket)?
I took a shot for about five minutes, instead of switching the cam of, ik just flipt the cover and putted it away.
Once i in the livingroom i laid it down on the table so i got images ( mostly the sayling of the room ).
When i discovered my error, ( it was stil recording ) i stopped the cam and thats about it.
Last night i tried it again, but it won't let me tape that long anymore ( it keeps taping but does not save the video ), if i tape lets say 15 minutes, no problems and it saves the file, above the 18 minutes, it does nothing...not saving anything at all.

th0mas96

Nov 23, 2012
maybe it's the format of the SD card? You could try using one formatted to exFat (no file size limits) or use the internal storage, which should be NTFS.
However, if the card is fat32, the file size limit should be 4GB I think?

maybe it's the format of the SD card? You could try using one formatted to exFat (no file size limits) or use the internal storage, which should be NTFS.
However, if the card is fat32, the file size limit should be 4GB I think?

I will look in to it tomorrow, just gut the Lumia Black update

And.......we are back.
Video's are cut of aprox around 7 a 8 minutes, even when i tape a half hour or so.......
It just saves around 7 minutes...strange.

But i remembered something, in the beginning i used it as a dashcam and taped more then a hour........
So i believe it might be something else..............i don't no about tomorrow, but if i have some time i do a ful factory reset.

Last edited:
I will look in to it tomorrow, just gut the Lumia Black update

And.......we are back.
Video's are cut of aprox around 7 a 8 minutes, even when i tape a half hour or so.......
It just saves around 7 minutes...strange.

But i remembered something, in the beginning i used it as a dashcam and taped more then a hour........
So i believe it might be something else..............i don't no about tomorrow, but if i have some time i do a ful factory reset.

Oké, afternoon i did a factoryreset.
And i made a couple of video's and gues wat?
Nothing wrong, taped two times both a hour and it's looking good.

So i don't know what en how it happend but it seems that a ful factory reset did the trick.