Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,280 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Z ultra loud vibrate

Tip us?

lee.n
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Z ultra loud vibrate

Hi Guys,

I noticed today that my Z ultra vibrate is loud. I actually hear something inside the phone like a fly or piece of paper or small object was stucked.

It's very annoying and sounds like the vibratory is broken or something so I temporary disable any hectic feedback and notifications (vibrate)

Is anybody who experience this issue and was able to fix?

Thanks

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

hassanmahmood
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee.n View Post
Hi Guys,

I noticed today that my Z ultra vibrate is loud. I actually hear something inside the phone like a fly or piece of paper or small object was stucked.

It's very annoying and sounds like the vibratory is broken or something so I temporary disable any hectic feedback and notifications (vibrate)

Is anybody who experience this issue and was able to fix?

Thanks

I don't know if you're actually hearing what you think you are - or you just aren't used to the vibration on the Z Ultra.

The Ultra's vibrator is the loudest I've ever heard on a phone.
Nokia 8250 -> Nokia 7250i -> Sony Ericsson T610 -> Nokia 7610 -> Nokia N95 8GB -> Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 -> Sony Xperia Z Ultra

Alienware 18 with 2.80Ghz Intel i7 4900MQ -> Up to 4.0 Ghz with TurboBoost, TWO Nvidia GeForce GTX 770m's with 3GB DDR5 RAM each, 16GB DDR3 RAM

Samsung 55" F6800 3D Smart LED TV with 120Hz Real Refresh Rate and 600 Clear Motion Rate.

lee.n
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
The noise of the vibrate is louder than it vibrates the phone. I am not sure if the vibrates get worst as I disable the vibrate when I got the phone. Now I want to use it and hearing the weird noise inside the phone when it vibrates.

Wondering if this is defective or its normal.. Noise is like something is loose inside the phone.

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 934

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
The noise of the vibrate is louder than it vibrates the phone. I am not sure if the vibrates get worst as I disable the vibrate when I got the phone. Now I want to use it and hearing the weird noise inside the phone when it vibrates.

Wondering if this is defective or its normal.. Noise is like something is loose inside the phone.

Not normal, well at least mine is not noisy at all
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5648
Granted, the Ultra's vibrator is really loud, but I can't say that I've heard any rattling noises inside it. It's really really hard to help you when all we get is a forum post without some audio You should upload a YouTube video.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

I DO NOT RUN A SUPPORT LINE THROUGH PERSONAL MESSAGES,
SO PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT HELP (*COUGH* UNLESS I KNOW YOU *COUGH*).

THANK YOU, AND PLEASE HAVE A COOKIE ON YOUR WAY OUT.

lee.n
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks, LordManhattan, blueether, and hassanmahmood.

I record the vibrate noise on the same phone as I do not have any digital camera or phone that I can use to record the noise at the moment.

Note that the actual sound is a bit lesser than you can hear on the recording. But it sound like it.

first 10 Secs = vibrate with sound when I press and hold the icon for a sec.
18 secs = is the vibrate with sound on Diagnostic section (Settings > About Phone > Diagnostic > Test Device > Vibration) - This sounds like electric shaver.

Here's the like where you can download the recording.
http://uylee.com/shared/ZXU-VibrateIssue.mp3

I hope the sound file helps

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to lee.n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 934

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

I record the vibrate noise on the same phone as I do not have any digital camera or phone that I can use to record the noise at the moment.

Note that the actual sound is a bit lesser than you can hear on the recording. But it sound like it.

18 secs = is the vibrate with sound on Diagnostic section (Settings > About Phone > Diagnostic > Test Device > Vibration) - This sounds like electric shaver.

Thanks.
Mine sounds nothing like that
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

fastest83
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:

Thanks.
I had the same problem, and it turned out I had the back glass up by half a millimeter. It caused the vibration to make more noise than normal.
Give this a try: hold tight the lower left side of your Ultra and redo the test.
Does it sound better? Like, muffled? If it does, it definitely is the back cover lifting, another case of bad gluing.
If it doesn't, I don't know how to help you...

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

lee.n
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Hi, when I hold the lower left of the phone it gets a little better but the noise still there. I called Sony and they said the shaver noise like is normal to Z ultra.

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5648
Quote:
Hi, when I hold the lower left of the phone it gets a little better but the noise still there. I called Sony and they said the shaver noise like is normal to Z ultra.

No it's not I don't have that noise.

I DO NOT RUN A SUPPORT LINE THROUGH PERSONAL MESSAGES,
SO PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT HELP (*COUGH* UNLESS I KNOW YOU *COUGH*).

THANK YOU, AND PLEASE HAVE A COOKIE ON YOUR WAY OUT.