No registration required

How to downgrade to 4.1.1 from 4.3 Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M

OP santij07

12th February 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #41  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 28

56 posts
Clarification Note
This post was created to teach users to downgrade from 4.3 without trip Knox Waranty Bit from my experience with my own phone Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M in my first post are all the instruction for do that, for do a moded Rom without Knox.
12th February 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #42  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 75

363 posts
More
Thanks. Yes I did try to flash the 4.3 modem via cwm recovery but it kept failing. I'm researching the threads on QPST now although I saw that most of them have been pulled. Can understand there is a high spate of sharp practices in this area but it's unfortunate because the phone's legit and everything was OK until I got too adventurous.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theramsey3

Larry did you try reflashing a known working modem? Sometimes simply reflashing the modem fixes it? If you still have a no go you need to research qpst and no rebuild to inject your imei again. I'm not going too far into that due to xda not liking imei discussions much although there is no intention to defraud anyone so we should be good. Mods if I violated any rule with this conversation please edit out the part that violates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Thanks very much. I was trying to flash the MJ2 modem all along and this kept failing. I, however, took your steer and tried flashing the MJB modem and it went through like a breeze. The baseband was also immediately restored as was the IMEI and cellular functioning etc.
14th February 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by santij07

My first Question you are from Puerto Rico todowngrade to 4.1.1 Claro Network? if yes for now no stock rom 4.3 from Claro PR. and if going out in a few month is better to download it and delete the file aboot.mbn sbl2.mbn, sbl3.mbn, rpm.mbn and tz.mbn from stock rom to eliminate knox bootloader. If not why you flash it with Claro network? My Phone is SGH-I747M from Puerto Rico.

I'm in Canada and I downgraded to 4.1.1 Claro, thinking I would be able to unlock it. But that didn't work. I'm new to the flashing/ROM etc.

Can you please tell me the steps to get my back to Canadian 4.2.1. I have downloaded lastest firmware for Telus from Sammobile.

Should I just use odin and install the new firmware? Do I need to do something to the ROM before?

Like I said, I'm newbie so all the help would be help.

Thanks
14th February 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #44  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,010

3,158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by team_hob

I'm in Canada and I downgraded to 4.1.1 Claro, thinking I would be able to unlock it. But that didn't work. I'm new to the flashing/ROM etc.

Can you please tell me the steps to get my back to Canadian 4.2.1. I have downloaded lastest firmware for Telus from Sammobile.

Should I just use odin and install the new firmware? Do I need to do something to the ROM before?

Thanks

You can flash the firmware from sammobile. If you were on a stock 4.3, you can't use desktop Odin to flash back to 4.2.1.
16th February 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #45  
OP Member

56 posts
Quote:

Thanks

Yes, just flash it with odin, but to unlock your phone for free you need 4.1.1 from Rogers I do it but I need 4.1.1 from Rogers because the 4.1.1 from Claro don't work to unlocked for free I do it with my wife and my I747M Phone from Claro PR.
17th February 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #46  
Flag HALIFAX

6 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello
i have questions
i have s3 i747 version 4.3 locked with tell us
but i'm with bell and i wanna know is there any possibility that i use my phone with bell for free ?

and one more question , when is want to unlock my phone online web site ask me for IMEI and carrier i wanna know what should i put in carrier section? bell(the operator that im with it) or tellus (the operator which is phone locked with that) ?
and after online unlocking( which i have to pay ) can i use my phone with any carrier or only mine ?
thanks
17th February 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #47  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,010

3,158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_heart_010

Hello
i have questions
i have s3 i747 version 4.3 locked with tell us
but i'm with bell and i wanna know is there any possibility that i use my phone with bell for free ?

and one more question , when is want to unlock my phone online web site ask me for IMEI and carrier i wanna know what should i put in carrier section? bell(the operator that im with it) or tellus (the operator which is phone locked with that) ?
and after online unlocking( which i have to pay ) can i use my phone with any carrier or only mine ?
thanks

With a 4.3 bootloader, you cannot carrier unlock the phone for free.

You need to provide the carrier that the phone is locked to, not the carrier you want to use.

You can use it on any carrier except Wind and Mobilicity.
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #48  

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by santij07

Yes, just flash it with odin, but to unlock your phone for free you need 4.1.1 from Rogers I do it but I need 4.1.1 from Rogers because the 4.1.1 from Claro don't work to unlocked for free I do it with my wife and my I747M Phone from Claro PR.

I tried flashing it with Odin but it was stuck at 'GET PIT FOR MAPPING" and it FAILED. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to root the phone first before I flash or the firmware is not uptodate/compatible?

thanks

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

You can flash the firmware from sammobile. If you were on a stock 4.3, you can't use desktop Odin to flash back to 4.2.1.

I tried flashing it with Odin but it was stuck at 'GET PIT FOR MAPPING" and it FAILED. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to root the phone first before I flash or the firmware is not uptodate/compatible?

thanks
18th February 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #49  
OP Member

56 posts
Quote:

thanks

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

thanks

When you run Odin remember in option area only Auto Reboot need to be with the check mark the others in blank, then go to PDA search for your Rom and Hit Start
3rd March 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #50  

1 posts
Zeljko@Zeljko-PC ~
$ tar -H ustar -c aboot.mbn boot.img cache.img.ext4 NON-HLOS.bin recovery.img rpm.mbn sbl2.mbn sbl3.mbn system.img.ext4 tz.mbn > S3ModedRom.tar
tar: aboot.mbn: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

When I first enter the code this is what happens? I followed instructions for to a tee.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread