Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,179 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Missing - lock screen shortcuts, ability to change bottom row of apps

Tip us?

Moska87
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Missing - lock screen shortcuts, ability to change bottom row of apps

Hey everybody,

Long long time reader, first time poster.

I've just bought a Galaxy Note 3, because I was so happy with the Note 2 I just had to have the new one.

To my surprise, there's a couple of fundamental features missing from my ****ty AU version (my Note 2 was an International Version).

There doesn't seem to be an option to enable lockscreen shortcuts, I've seen videos online of people enabling these on their respective Note 3's, but the AU version just doesn't seem to have it.
The other thing that is really grinding my gears is that the bottom row of apps on the homescreen is locked. Ie. they can not be moved or changed (Phone, Contacts, Messages, Internet, Apps), why in gods name would Samsung ever lock something like that?
There is one last thing, but I can't be sure if this is an isolated AU version issue or one that is across the board, but when I plug in my headphones, it doesn't take me to that wonderful Music specific screen like the Note 2 did. Is this something that has just been omitted from this phone or is it entirely an AU specific thing?

My question then becomes, is there anything I can do about this?
I've noticed a JB 4.3 Firmware kicking about and I would gladly void my warranty to get back these features. But I don't want to void my warranty and still not have these features, if you know what I mean.

I'd really appreciate any advice on this, as I said, I've been a long time reader of this forum, any time I've googled anything about my phone, this is the place I end up, so I know you're a knowledgeable bunch, help me out

Thanks in advance, I'll be watching this space.

jetbruceli
Old
Thanks Meter 434

DONATE TO ME
Mine doesn't even have the lock screen apps but I have a favorite apps widget on the lock screen.
Plus I don't have the flare in lock screen like I saw in a video review.
I have the Germany Snapdragon version

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Forget thanks, I want a high five!

cooper5005
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same issue. Has anyone found a solution yet?

uccoffee.forum
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper5005 View Post
I have the same issue. Has anyone found a solution yet?
I hate the locked dock as well .... also, the Australian version of touchwiz does not work in landscape mode. eg: if you use Ultimate Rotation Control to force the home screen to rotate, the touchwiz icons wont align properly in landscape.

I have complained on their Samsung Australia facebook, but none of the rep has replied.
https://www.facebook.com/SamsungAust...51943776798523

I think it is the decision of the samsung Australia to lock the dock and not allow us to change it.

maybe we need to form a petition on change.org

krooksrocks
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by uccoffee.forum View Post
I hate the locked dock as well .... also, the Australian version of touchwiz does not work in landscape mode. eg: if you use Ultimate Rotation Control to force the home screen to rotate, the touchwiz icons wont align properly in landscape.

I have complained on their Samsung Australia facebook, but none of the rep has replied.
https://www.facebook.com/SamsungAust...51943776798523

I think it is the decision of the samsung Australia to lock the dock and not allow us to change it.

maybe we need to form a petition on change.org
Remove the lock screen lock (pattern, password, pin) option

enter lock mode as swipe to unlock and then you can enable the shortcuts.. on lock screen

"Say Thanks if you find this useful

krooksrocks
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Two screen shots

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1380957346190.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	2303050   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1380957367270.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	2303051  

not-i
Old
Thanks Meter 5882

DONATE TO ME
If you don't care about voiding your warranty then it's easy fixed. It just involves deleting a couple of lines in others.xml which you can do with root explorer or a similar root file manager. I have and more all good

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
* Sweet Rom V15 NC2 4.4.2

More of my Roms and Mods

My Facebook

If I helped you please press "Thanks", and if you helped I will do the same

Dolgogi
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Aus Note 3

Regarding the Aussie Note 3 dock etc, I believe this is due to the ongoing legal crap between Sammy & Apple.

Use a custom launcher or flash other firmware?

victormihailescu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi all. I am from Romania, Europe, and bought on 25th september a Note 3 from Korea. Is a N900K model, unlocked, so is working with my SIM from Vodafone RO. I had a Note 2 before and I was very happy with it. But now... I don't know... There are some problems and one is the lock screen shortcuts that I can't change. There is a "slide to right" menu were you can put the shortcuts, but not directly on the lock screen. Why?

uccoffee.forum
Old
Thanks Meter 2
thanks, it works without any security ... but in the my note 1 t can still have shortcut with some security

Quote:
Originally Posted by krooksrocks View Post
Remove the lock screen lock (pattern, password, pin) option

enter lock mode as swipe to unlock and then you can enable the shortcuts.. on lock screen

"Say Thanks if you find this useful