Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

Accidentally deleted everything, Kindle Fire stuck in TWRP

OP llmercll

26th January 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
Hi,

I accidentally deleted everything through TWRP. I wanted the kindle fresh for my new ROM, and thought that deleting everything would make for a cleaner install. I was wrong and now all my kindle is good for is TWRP.

When in TWRP, windows doesn't recognize the kindle. Because of this, I cannot mount it. Windows and the kindle fire utility recognizes it as adp when i boot regularly (which is just a black screen) but cannot do anything since it will not enter normal or fast mode.

I don't know what to do, nothing is working. When I restart the kindle it says superuser is not installed, and asks if I would like to install it. I say yes, and it fails. Super user WAS installed before I deleted everything.

Any ideas?
Last edited by llmercll; 26th January 2014 at 08:59 PM.
26th January 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Some more info

1. shell doesn't work

2. it looks like the bootmode is stuck in fastboot, but KFU won't recognize it, even though windows does.

3. Windows does not recognize the kindle when in TWRP recovery mode. If It did i could simply transfer files over and flash it...

4. If I try to boot normally, I get a black screen, but FKU recognizes ADP. It does not recognize what bootmode it's in though.

I believe FFF is working as I have the blue kindle logo and options in the bootloader, but no matter what I do I can't figure it out.

I REALLY need some help from you more experienced guys

thanks for reading
26th January 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
I'm making some progress, I'm in fastboot command prompt and have access. But what do I do from here?

How can I install a system from fastboot? It looks like all the guides say to install twrp and go from there but I have twrp and it wont communicate with my pc!!!
Last edited by llmercll; 26th January 2014 at 11:49 PM.
26th January 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,562

1,941 posts
Donate to Me
More
ADB
Quote:
Originally Posted by llmercll

Some more info

1. shell doesn't work

2. it looks like the bootmode is stuck in fastboot, but KFU won't recognize it, even though windows does.

3. Windows does not recognize the kindle when in TWRP recovery mode. If It did i could simply transfer files over and flash it...

4. If I try to boot normally, I get a black screen, but FKU recognizes ADP. It does not recognize what bootmode it's in though.

I believe FFF is working as I have the blue kindle logo and options in the bootloader, but no matter what I do I can't figure it out.

I REALLY need some help from you more experienced guys

thanks for reading

Do you have adb and fastboot intstalled on your PC??
26th January 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

Do you have adb and fastboot intstalled on your PC??

Yes, I've been using them at the command level
26th January 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse

1,941 posts
Donate to Me
More
Feedback
Quote:

Yes, I've been using them at the command level

Boot into recovery and type

adb devices

copy and paste the output of this so I can see!!!
27th January 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
I went to boot and at the black screen tried to push the stock kindle FW. it failed for some reason

c:\kfu\tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
0123456789ABCDEF device

c:\kfu\tools>adb push C:\update.zip \tmp
failed to copy 'C:\update.zip' to '\tmp': Read-only file system

c:\kfu\tools>

Here is me trying adb devices in recovery mode

c:\kfu\tools>adb reboot recovery

List of devices attached

Interestingly, rebooting into recovery just brought me to the bootloader. it wouldnt boot into recovery by itself, I have to manually do it through the bootloader. Immediately, booting into recovery disconnects my kindle from the pc, and I hear the sound in windows and the kindle dissapears from device manager.
27th January 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse

1,941 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I went to boot and at the black screen tried to push the stock kindle FW. it failed for some reason

List of devices attached
0123456789ABCDEF device

c:\kfu\tools>adb push C:\update.zip \tmp
failed to copy 'C:\update.zip' to '\tmp': Read-only file system

c:\kfu\tools>

Here is me trying adb devices in recovery mode

c:\kfu\tools>adb reboot recovery

List of devices attached

Interestingly, rebooting into recovery just brought me to the bootloader. it wouldnt boot into recovery by itself, I have to manually do it through the bootloader. Immediately, booting into recovery disconnects my kindle from the pc, and I hear the sound in windows and the kindle dissapears from device manager.

So you can boot into recovery yes??

What is this KFU if that some kindle stuff we need to get rid of it and get the fastboot and adb from google... The SDK

make sure you open your CMD window as admin and try putting that file in the /sdcard not the /tmp
Last edited by lj50036; 27th January 2014 at 12:38 AM.
27th January 2014, 12:41 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

So you can boot into recovery yes??

What is this KFU if that some kindle stuff we need to get rid of it and get the fastboot and adb from google... The SDK

make sure you open your CMD window as admin and try putting that file in the /sdcard not the /tmp

I can boot into recovery, yes. KFU is kindle fire utility. I have the sdk and fastboot and adb.

could putting it in tmp be why the push failed?
27th January 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse

1,941 posts
Donate to Me
More
Admin
Quote:

I can boot into recovery, yes. KFU is kindle fire utility. I have the sdk and fastboot and adb.

could putting it in tmp be why the push failed?

Or maybe you did not open you CMD window as admin....but twrp should see your devices in adb and let you push things to the /sdcard for sure... I have one right in front of me, but I am running linux which is much better for these kinds of things... Here is my output of that command and than a push of a zip file

Code:
lj50036@cmbroms ~ $ adb devices
List of devices attached 
0123456789ABCDEF	recovery

lj50036@cmbroms ~ $ adb push cmb_kkgapps_20131209.zip /sdcard
6121 KB/s (126216099 bytes in 20.135s)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread