Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Look like Samsung are nit going to update samsung note 10.1 (2012) to Android 4.3 or

OP kenloon2009

16th November 2013, 02:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to kenloon2009 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th November 2013, 02:30 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 1
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Is Andriod 4.3 coming to Note ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenloon2009

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app

Cool
16th November 2013, 11:13 AM   |  #3  
android.zealot.fervor's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ★◢↿MUSCAT↾◣★
Thanks Meter: 1,440
 
1,200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
I don't think so that they will be updating it

Sent from my GT-I9105P using Tapatalk
16th November 2013, 01:10 PM   |  #4  
ricardosteve's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Some random tropical place
Thanks Meter: 41
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
I recently spoke to a Samsung rep (Samsung's website live chat) and with a Samsung rep (in person). Both said:

"it will be updated, at least to Android 4.3, but we cannot tell you when".

So I'm pretty sure we are getting 4.3 at some point. Heck, if the Note 2 and S III got it, it's only reasonable that our Note 10.1 gets it. It was the flagship tablet of its (short) time, such as the Note 2 and S III being flagships/high-end. Everyone's been saying that Samsung won't update it to force us go for the Note 10.1 2014 edition, so why did the Note 2 and Galaxy S III get the update (ok, ok, Galaxy Gear blabla)? Wouldn't they force you to go for a Note 3 and Galaxy S IV? You get my point.

So, be prepared to wait (wait... wait... wai...), and official news about the updates *cough kitkat* are coming.
My guess is: Android 4.3 and no Android 4.4, unfortunately but thankfully.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ricardosteve For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th November 2013, 07:38 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Union City Indiana
Thanks Meter: 45
 
594 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardosteve

I recently spoke to a Samsung rep (Samsung's website live chat) and with a Samsung rep (in person). Both said:

"it will be updated, at least to Android 4.3, but we cannot tell you when".

So I'm pretty sure we are getting 4.3 at some point. Heck, if the Note 2 and S III got it, it's only reasonable that our Note 10.1 gets it. It was the flagship tablet of its (short) time, such as the Note 2 and S III being flagships/high-end. Everyone's been saying that Samsung won't update it to force us go for the Note 10.1 2014 edition, so why did the Note 2 and Galaxy S III get the update (ok, ok, Galaxy Gear blabla)? Wouldn't they force you to go for a Note 3 and Galaxy S IV? You get my point.

So, be prepared to wait (wait... wait... wai...), and official news about the updates *cough kitkat* are coming.
My guess is: Android 4.3 and no Android 4.4, unfortunately but thankfully.

Dont care, as I am happy with what I got. Anyway most updates after a certain point will start requiring more hardware power. Like going from win95 to xp. Thanks for the info
16th November 2013, 11:49 PM   |  #6  
sciurius's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
178 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
I only want 4.3 since I hope that it will fix the USB host mode bug...
18th November 2013, 02:23 PM   |  #7  
komjin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag BS
Thanks Meter: 249
 
139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
It's an one year old device, so hopefully they will update to 4.3
18th November 2013, 06:31 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 357
 
1,644 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciurius

I only want 4.3 since I hope that it will fix the USB host mode bug...

WHat is the bug?
18th November 2013, 07:33 PM   |  #9  
sciurius's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
178 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by klau1

WHat is the bug?

The problem that USB connections (host mode) do not always work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2328996
18th November 2013, 07:42 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 357
 
1,644 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Maybe only on some country's ROMs?

HAven't encountered it on mine.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes