Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,114 Members 38,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q} ODIN and stock Firmware Update (wth knox)

Tip us?

umberto.sulla
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default [Q} ODIN and stock Firmware Update (wth knox)

I updated 3 weeks ago to BTU MH8 with knox components and all is perfect., Knox warranty 0x00....
Since my phone originally was ITV (Italy) I'd like to recover the original CSC to ITV with the new firmare ITV MHB released today.

Is there any problem, with knox installed, to flash MHB with Odin? I'm going to sell my S4 and I prefer to return it to the original status.

Thank you
Umberto

oxfordmark
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by umberto.sulla View Post
I updated 3 weeks ago to BTU MH8 with knox components and all is perfect., Knox warranty 0x00....
Since my phone originally was ITV (Italy) I'd like to recover the original CSC to ITV with the new firmare ITV MHB released today.

Is there any problem, with knox installed, to flash MHB with Odin? I'm going to sell my S4 and I prefer to return it to the original status.

Thank you
Umberto
I would like to know if you can flash with KNOX (using ODIN)?

DjeMBeY
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,386

DONATE TO ME
Guys, all NEW FW's have KNOX on-board and most important the NEW irreversible Bootloader.
You can flash new FW through Odin but it MUST be newer or the same version as your current build.
For example, if you're using XXUDMH8 then you can flash ONLY firmwares with XXU.. on the beginning and anything greater than ...MH8
You can use XXUDMHB as it's newer FW.. it goes from 1-9 and A-Z..
Simple as that..
<><><><><><><><><><> NOTE: I do NOT respond to any technical Support through PM's. <><><><><><><><><><>
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DjeMBeY For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

umberto.sulla
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjeMBeY View Post
Guys, all NEW FW's have KNOX on-board and most important the NEW irreversible Bootloader.
You can flash new FW through Odin but it MUST be newer or the same version as your current build.
For example, if you're using XXUDMH8 then you can flash ONLY firmwares with XXU.. on the beginning and anything greater than ...MH8
Simple as that..
Thank you for you isimple answer... I only want to be sure that changing CSC from BTU to DTM to ITV etc (going ahead with fw versions) is allowed ...
I don't want to brick my device

Obagleyfreer
Old
Thanks Meter 777
Quote:
Simple as that..
Are you 100% sure about that?
I heard once you have KNOX warranty void 0x1 then no matter what firmware you're trying to flash Odin will fail. Even if it's a newer firmware.
I hope you're right and they're wrong.
GT-I9505

DjeMBeY
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,386

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obagleyfreer View Post
Are you 100% sure about that?
I heard once you have KNOX warranty void 0x1 then no matter what firmware you're trying to flash Odin will fail. Even if it's a newer firmware.
I hope you're right and they're wrong.
??? What are you talking about??
I've got KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0x1 and no probs at all, you can flash whatever you want through Odin (same or upwards FW's ONLY)
My KNOX Status got messed up while installing MGG and now I'm running pre-rooted XXUDMI1
<><><><><><><><><><> NOTE: I do NOT respond to any technical Support through PM's. <><><><><><><><><><>
The Following User Says Thank You to DjeMBeY For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

umberto.sulla
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
??? What are you talking about??
I've got KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0x1 and no probs at all, you can flash whatever you want through Odin (same or upwards FW's ONLY)
My KNOX Status got messed up while installing MGG and now I'm running pre-rooted XXUDMI1
Ok, updated to MHB through Odin and no problem.

Status Knox Warranty still 0x00

DjeMBeY
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,386

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by umberto.sulla View Post
Ok, updated to MHB through Odin and no problem.

Status Knox Warranty still 0x00
Yeah, DO NOT flash any Custom Recovery nor Root and your status will stay at 0x0..
You can flash any newer FW but think twice as you can't go back if you don't like it...
The Following User Says Thank You to DjeMBeY For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Diomorgan
Old
Thanks Meter 41
No knox voice in my download mode:

is it hidden or is normal until you flash the new knox bootloader?

DjeMBeY
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,386

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomorgan View Post
No knox voice in my download mode:
is it hidden or is normal until you flash the new knox bootloader?
You have OLD bootloader, no KNOX in it... You're safe for now..
BTW, your Download Mode will look different after you flash new FW..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DjeMBeY For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]