Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Phone [Q] Phone Transplant (Xperia S LT26i)

OP rieljames

2nd February 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

3 posts
I have an old Xperia S (LT26i) with me and i accidentally dropped it from the 2nd floor. Fortunately, it did not break into many pieces but it did bok the screen on the top left corner and also broke the plastic housing that where the on/off buttom cap is attached. it also caused some damage on the power switch which cause to not work anymore. the accelerometer and the gyro no longer works after that..

I was able to get my hands on another defective LT26i which the old user somewhat broke the board for a cheap price of $20 and instead of buying a new screen/a new Power Button Flex Cable Ribbon and a new case which will cause me around $90 in total (including shipping), is it possible if I just dismantle the the one with the defective board and use its Power Button Flex Cable Ribbon/Housing/Digitizer and put it into mine? will it still work after that?

Ive been looking into some information and i think it would work but i wanted to be sure by asking you pros
and will i be able to fix the accelerometer and gyro as well because it seems like i cannot find the location of the acc/gyro on the device.

Im looking at this for reference: sonymania.cz/storage/1331332888_sb_xperia_s_wi.pdf

Any information would really help.. Thanks in advance
Last edited by rieljames; 2nd February 2014 at 08:43 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread