5,600,483 Members 32,940 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What do you think about enabling dock battery display status ?
Yes, i would like to see this feature enabled ! 41 82.00%
No, i am not interested in it ! 9 18.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Announcement from ne0zone75: Project sources available @ https://github.com/ne0zone75 ;-)

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][RC1] SlimKAT Weeklies [4.4+][TF201/TF300T] Build 3.10 & 4.4 | Updated 2014-04-14 + TWRP 2.7.x.x

Tip us?

ne0zone75
Old
(Last edited by ne0zone75; 25th February 2014 at 01:12 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 225
Default [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][RC1] SlimKAT Weeklies [4.4+][TF201/TF300T] Build 3.10 & 4.4 | Updated 2014-04-14 + TWRP 2.7.x.x

SlimKAT Weeklies for TF300T (TF201 compatible)

SlimROMs is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.

The entire SlimTEAM work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.

All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKAT is the project name for SlimROMs based on Android 4.4 and offers the following unique SlimROMs features :

-> The real dark Slim : Invert the whole ROM including Gapps with one click.
-> Notification drawer and and lockscreen shortcuts : Access your most important apps from everywhere.
-> Custom Quick Settings Tiles : Why just settings ? Use whatever you want.
-> SlimPIE : Based on CM's PIE, inspired by PA's PIE with a light touch of Slim. A true community feature.
-> Camera : Discover its unique Camera feature
-> SlimRecents : SlimTEAM APP switcher (since build 3.4).

DISCLAIMER : Every TEAM mentioned below and myself will never ever be responsible for any damages you do to your device !

ALL CREDIT GOES TO AND ONLY TO :

-> SlimROMs TEAM (ROM tree)
-> CyanogenMod TEAM (device and kernel trees)
-> TheMuppets TEAM (vendor tree)
-> TeamWin & OmniROM TEAMs (TWRP tree)

NOTE : I am not affiliated with any of the teams mentioned above...

INSTALLATION : To install this ROM on your Transformer Pad you'll need this checklist to be all checked ;)
  1. Latest ASUS bootloader (10.6.1.27.5) : if it's not the case IT WILL BE MANDATORY for you to upgrade your bootloader by flashing the latest ASUS firmware to your device...
  2. Unlocked bootloader : by using dedicated ASUS software...
  3. KitKat enabled custom recovery : TWRP HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ! You'll find a download link below Please note that the TWRP file that i bring to you has been compiled by myself along with CM 11.0 SlimKAT sources... flash it with caution (known bugs : factory reset is failing ! But you can use advanced wipe menu to perform a full wipe before flashing the ROM i provide, one user faced a serious split screen bug so far when flashing my TWRP ZIP file from PhilZ CWM recovery : he had to use fastboot to flash PhilZ CWM recovery back !). Please download another TWRP build if you don't feel confident with mine like scanno's one !
  4. My SlimKAT ROM file
OPTIONAL : Any AOSP GAPPs if you want to have Google Play services (I'm using PA-GAPPs micro-modular package for example )

DOWNLOADS :

1. TWRP Recovery
    => TESTED OK
    -> Custom TWRP v2.7.0.0 JB/KK for TF300T (2014-03-22) | MD5 <= WITH DOCK SD CARD SUPPORT AS EXTERNAL STORAGE
    -> Custom TWRP v2.7.0.0 JB/KK for TF300T (2014-03-22) | MD5 <= PLEASE USE THIS ONE IF ABOVE ONE FAILS TO FLASH WITH regular / PhilZ CWM or legacy TWRP (same as above one BUT without device checking...)
    => UNTESTED (because my device is out of order ATM...) : FLASH AT YOU VERY OWN RISK
    -> Custom TWRP v2.7.0.0 JB/KK for TF300T (2014-04-05) | MD5 <= WITH DOCK SD CARD SUPPORT AS EXTERNAL STORAGE
    -> Custom TWRP v2.7.0.0 JB/KK for TF300T (2014-04-05) | MD5 <= PLEASE USE THIS ONE IF ABOVE ONE FAILS TO FLASH WITH regular / PhilZ CWM or legacy TWRP (same as above one BUT without device checking...)

2. SlimKAT ROM
    -> SlimKAT for TF300T RC1 Build 3.10 (2014-03-25) | MD5 <= TESTED OK
    -> SlimKAT for TF300T RC1 Build 4.4 (2014-04-14) | MD5 <= UNTESTED BY MYSELF (please do a full NANDROID backup before dirty flashing this one... thank you !) <= user feedback was positive with previous untested build...
INFO : ALL DOWNLOADS ARE NOW ALSO AVAILABLE FROM THE DOWNLOADS TAB OF THIS PROJECT (at the top of this post)

Happy flashing

CHANGELOG :

2014-02-22 : Beta 1 -> INITIAL RELEASE

=> Dock related bugs : dock battery status is never displayed but device is correctly charging from it when needed; dock keyboard is partially supported (special keys do not work); dock SD card is not working
=> Auto rotation is failing too
TO BE FIXED

2014-02-27 : Beta 2

=> Dock related bugs : all TF300T's hardware keys are now working ! SD card dock slot is working too
=> Auto rotation is working !
=> added and removed some software ..
=> TO BE FIXED -> dock battery status display, expanded desktop, ...
Please read my Beta 2 release post for full details... thank you !

2014-03-03 : Beta 3

=> Embedded Superuser is working but requires activation through 'Advanced options' / 'Superuser' menu AFTER having disabled 'Developers options' (please read my Beta 3 release post for full details... thank you !)
=> TF300T's dock special keys : dock keyboard is now fully supported ('back', 'home' and 'menu' keys are working BUT mapping of 'media previous' and 'media next' is inverted... => TO DO
=> New minor bugs : 'Global menu' activities cannot be reordered => TO DO AND 'Device specific settings' menu in 'Advanced options' is a dead one => TO REMOVE
=> Expanded desktop is working...
=> STILL TO BE FIXED -> dock battery status display...
=> Software package is close to official one : everything is back from Beta 2 except NovaLauncher and DashClock... Added software still there...
Please read my Beta 3 release post for full details... thank you !

2014-03-07 : RC1

=> Beta 3 is relabeled RC1 as it is stable enough with few additions on my side : NTFS support is added for SD cards ! (exFAT support was already there since Beta 2...)
=> RC1 is build from SlimKAT 3.4 sources tree... so it features it's own SlimTEAM APP switcher : SlimRecents You can read full SlimKAT Build 3.4 changelog HERE...

NOTE : If you are interested in my work and download my files, please report back AND hit my THANKS button if you think i deserve it ! Thank you !

PS : SlimKAT RC1 for TF300T features exFAT / NTFS filesystems support for external storage devices but only ROM side ATM, i will add exFAT / NTFS filesystems support to embedded kernel soon ... Stay tuned

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimKAT for TF300T [UNOFFICIAL], a ROM for the Asus Transformer TF300T

Contributors
ne0zone75
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest unlocked ASUS Bootloader (10.6.1.27.5) and a KitKat enabled custom recovery
Based On: SlimKAT

Version Information
Current Stable Version: RC1
Stable Release Date: 2014-03-07

Created 2014-02-22
Last Updated 2014-04-14
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to ne0zone75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ne0zone75
Old
(Last edited by ne0zone75; 18th April 2014 at 12:24 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 225
Angry SlimKAT Standard + Extreme Power Packs for TF300T released !

SlimKAT Power Packs

I've re-packaged original SlimKAT Power Pack init.d scripts (Browser2RAM, FSync disabling & ZipAlign) into two flashable .zip files to boost system performance of SlimKAT In addition to them there are all ASUS live wallpapers coming from latest ASUS ROM for TF300T (DayScene + MyWater 1 & 2), AdBlock is included and when flashing these packs, filesystem of your device is automatically tuned (see details below )

-> Standard Power Pack for TF300T : contains AdBlock and Browser2RAM + ZipAlign scripts while ext4 filesystem tuning sets data journaling ON for /data but tunes /system and /cache too
-> Extreme Power Pack for TF300T : contains AdBlock and Browser2RAM + ZipAlign scripts too and in addition it turns FSync OFF (WARNING : this one can cause data corruption...) while ext4 filesystem tuning sets data journaling OFF for /data (combined with FSync OFF; which means that this pack is mainly intended for benchmarking sessions purposes !), it tunes /system and /cache too It features GPU Tweaks : GPU 2D is forced AND software rendering is disabled !

The main purpose of the first pack is to safely improve the user experience on your device while raising improper system shutdown tolerance...

...the main purpose of the second one is to max out system performance regardless to system stability !

PREREQUISITE : Please perform a full NANDROID backup from recovery before flashing it !

DISCLAIMER : I will never ever be responsible for any damages you do to your device !

ALL CREDIT GOES TO AND ONLY TO :

-> @hardslog (this pack is based on his one... thank you !)
-> @sbdags & @lj50036 from CROMBi-kk TEAM (FSync init.d script is coming from CROMBi-kk installer )
-> me

INSTALLATION : Just flash it AFTER a full NANDROID backup, then just wipe cache/dalvik and reboot to system... You can use it with any kernel : embedded CM / GEASS / GRIMLOCK !

DOWNLOADS :

-> SlimKAT Standard Power Pack for TF300T (without ASUS live wallpapers ) (2014-03-25) | MD5
-> SlimKAT Extreme Power Pack for TF300T (without ASUS live wallpapers ) (2014-03-25) | MD5

With Extreme Power pack installed, you can expect benchmarks scores like this (needs to be updated...)

-> Legacy Power Pack on SlimKAT for TF300T RC1 Build 3.9 | GL v2.2RC3 (1800/520 with dynamic FSync disabled) + ART turned on

Have fun with it...

NOTE : These two packs are TF201 compatible !

EDIT : ALL ASUS live wallpapers were not installing correctly so i removed them from the pack until i fix this
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ne0zone75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ne0zone75
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 225
Default Reserved

The Following User Says Thank You to ne0zone75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gabitu73
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Verry smooth ,but autorotation not work !

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to gabitu73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ne0zone75
Old
(Last edited by ne0zone75; 22nd February 2014 at 06:53 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabitu73 View Post
Verry smooth ,but autorotation not work !

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
Thank you for trying it out and for the feedback And feel free to notify me for every new bug you'll find out...

Nice W.E.

Sent from my TF300T
The Following User Says Thank You to ne0zone75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bcombel
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I'm going to download and try it out. Will report back. Thanks for bringing this to our device.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to bcombel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ne0zone75
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcombel View Post
I'm going to download and try it out. Will report back. Thanks for bringing this to our device.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
You're welcome Thank you for taking time to try it out

Sent from my TF300T
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ne0zone75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ramrod421
Old
(Last edited by Ramrod421; 23rd February 2014 at 01:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 35
Downloading the update and installing today. I love this ROM on my phone. Can't wait to have it on my tablet too!

Any way we can delete system apps with this ROM? *figured it out*
The Following User Says Thank You to Ramrod421 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ne0zone75
Old
(Last edited by ne0zone75; 23rd February 2014 at 02:24 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod421 View Post
Downloading the update and installing today. I love this ROM on my phone. Can't wait to have it on my tablet too!

Any way we can delete system apps with this ROM? *figured it out*
Thank you for giving it a try I truly hope that you will be satisfied enough to use it for some time... in my opinion, it's actual dock support is a significant drawback... i'll try to fix it ASAP...

Yes, you can delete system app easily by using 'Slimizer', it's located in settings -> 'SlimCenter'... third tab

Tapatalked from my GT-I9195

Ramrod421
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0zone75 View Post
Thank you for giving it a try I truly hope that you will be satisfied enough to use it for some time... in my opinion, it's actual dock support is a significant drawback... i'll try to fix it ASAP...

Yes, you can delete system app easily by using 'Slimizer', it's located in settings -> 'SlimCenter'... third tab

Tapatalked from my GT-I9195
I don't have the dock so that doesn't bother me at all. Smoothest 4.4.2 ROM for me so far. Thank you!!

Tags
kitkat, slim, slimkat, tf300t, twrp