XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How unlocking works?

Tip us?

noxified
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default How unlocking works?

I have a locked nokia lumia 920( upgraded from 710), and I wanted to know the imei calculator is working?

Why can't we do it home?

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2473
Wrong forum.

What is hard to comprehend about the purpose of a Q&A forum, anyhow?
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tids2k
Old
Thanks Meter 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxified View Post
I have a locked nokia lumia 920( upgraded from 710), and I wanted to know the imei calculator is working?

Why can't we do it home?
he he ... ��
lumia 1520>note 10.1 (2014)>nexus 5>s IV>htc one>sgs III>huawie quad xl>ipad 3>lg x3>htc z3tA>samsung galaxy note>samsung galaxy s II lte hd>iphone 4(g)>samsung galaxy s2 >htc desire hd>samsung galaxy s >htc desire (cancelled) :d>htc touch hd2>htc touch hd>nokia n97>iphone 3g>nokia n96>nokia n95> nokia n70

noxified
Old
(Last edited by noxified; 29th January 2014 at 04:21 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
Wrong forum.
I'm not sure, mate.
It was a legit honest question. It's that so hard to answer?

bruce142
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxified View Post
I'm not sure, mate.
It was a legit honest question. It's that so hard to answer?
Yes, GoodDayToDie is right, he's always right , didn't you know rule #1 of the Windows Phone Development and Hacking subforum, no questions allowed, if you had checked the "Is this a question" box, you normally had received a message that it's a violation of the XDA-Developers forum rules to post questions in the Development section. Move your question to the Q&A section (use the report button on the first post and select thread/post moving or maintenance and request for the thread to be moved to the Q&A section) and it will be answered surely.
The Following User Says Thank You to bruce142 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pete_es
Old
(Last edited by pete_es; 31st January 2014 at 02:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce142 View Post
Yes, GoodDayToDie is right, he's always right , didn't you know rule #1 of the Windows Phone Development and Hacking subforum, no questions allowed, if you had checked the "Is this a question" box, you normally had received a message that it's a violation of the XDA-Developers forum rules to post questions in the Development section. Move your question to the Q&A section (use the report button on the first post and select thread/post moving or maintenance and request for the thread to be moved to the Q&A section) and it will be answered surely.
Just for information:

Nokia unlock codes are calculated with a secret algo that resides inside a smartcard named SX-5 from IMEI and a provider specific configuration key.

These codes aren't stored in phones but a SHA hash instead, which can't be altered since it's RSA signed.

Every time a not factory unlocked phone starts the user entered and stored unlock code is hashed and this hash is compared with the stored one.

So there is no algo in phone. And brute-forcing 20 digit codes (SHA hashing) costs you much more money for energy and calculation time than a brand new factory unlocked phone would cost you.
Tags
imei unlocking on nokia lumia 920