Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Random slowdown/WiFi freezing

Tip us?

Eradica
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Random slowdown/WiFi freezing

Hi guys, hopefully someone can acknowledge if this is a common problem or not.

Basically when playing games (all games), does anyone get random slowdowns? Like the game becomes super laggy for maybe 3-6 seconds?
Using System Monitor, I don't see anything happening with the CPU such as hitting 100% or anything like that, so it's doesnt seem to be the CPU working on anything else. As said, it happens randomly but will always happen if playing. This doesn't seem to to happen in any non-gaming apps or the homescreen.

Secondly, another random issue seems to be toggling WiFi on. Basically when turning on WiFi from the Notification Bar, it will just sit there and then eventually the phone will freeze. I can still press lock button (on the right of the phone) which will put the srceen off and on as if it was locking and it even makes the locking noise. However the screen will be completely unresponsive, completely unable to interact with the phone.
Again, this is random and doesn't seem to be brought on by anything I can see.

Holding the lock button to restart the phone still works.

Running completely stock. (GT9190) on stock firmware for South Africa. No root, nothing.

So guys, does this happen to anyone else? Hopefully this is normal and will be fixed by Samsung with 4.3/4.4 or something.

Leno12
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default S4 mini lags

I had the same problem but when i install New software update XXUBML4 it gone
Tags
lag, s4 mini, slowdown, wifi freeze