Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HELP! HTC One LED dim problem [VIDEO EXAMPLE]

OP Daman09

6th November 2013, 07:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46

152 posts
More
So, I haven't noticed until recently, but the LED notification light on my HTC One has become incredibly dim. I thought this was initially due to wear on the device, but I recently discovered that the LED becomes its old self for a few seconds when you charge it with the power off.

Can anyone help me make the LED burn as brightly as it did when I first bought it? I'm uploading a video example of this in action.

http://youtu.be/69LnDOXBluY (You may need to watch in HD due to the low light)

As you can tell from the video, there is something in that initial "Oh, it's time to charge" screen that makes the LED operate normally, then when the screen flashes, it goes back to being barely visible.

Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated. I just recently did a full GPE conversion on my phone, and before this on the custom rom I was using, I didn't have a screen or LED showing the device was charging when it was powered off, leading to this recent discovery, despite the LED being dim for quite a while in normal usage.
22nd November 2013, 06:02 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bogota
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Same Issue!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daman09

So, I haven't noticed until recently, but the LED notification light on my HTC One has become incredibly dim. I thought this was initially due to wear on the device, but I recently discovered that the LED becomes its old self for a few seconds when you charge it with the power off.

Can anyone help me make the LED burn as brightly as it did when I first bought it? I'm uploading a video example of this in action.

(You may need to watch in HD due to the low light)

As you can tell from the video, there is something in that initial "Oh, it's time to charge" screen that makes the LED operate normally, then when the screen flashes, it goes back to being barely visible.

Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated. I just recently did a full GPE conversion on my phone, and before this on the custom rom I was using, I didn't have a screen or LED showing the device was charging when it was powered off, leading to this recent discovery, despite the LED being dim for quite a while in normal usage.

I have EXACTLY the same issue with my One M7.
Someone Can help us?
24th November 2013, 04:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46

152 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresmor

I have EXACTLY the same issue with my One M7.
Someone Can help us?

I haven't found a solution yet, sadly.
24th November 2013, 04:53 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 36

189 posts
Damn I was also looking for a solution. I had a htc one with huge gaps that I exchanged the led on that unit would light up rooms in pitch darkness. On my new one it's super dim

---------- Post added at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

Found something interesting that I'm going to try .. check it out androidforums.com/htc-droid-incredible-2/570438-proximity-sensor-always.html
12th December 2013, 04:30 PM   |  #5  
Flag Bogota
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Help!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daman09

I haven't found a solution yet, sadly.

Hey!!! Do you find any solution?
14th January 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #6  
Flag Mansfield UK
Thanks Meter: 9

121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresmor

Hey!!! Do you find any solution?

I had similar problem. It was dirty. I have used brush to clean it . Now it is fully visible!
Last edited by robdevil; 14th January 2014 at 06:22 PM.
14th January 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #7  
Flag Armagh
Thanks Meter: 14

94 posts
Donate to Me
More
True. I used a fine paint brush to clean both grills. I noticed a huge increase in volume, and the LED was much brighter.
13th February 2014, 02:08 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
Compressed Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly9

True. I used a fine paint brush to clean both grills. I noticed a huge increase in volume, and the LED was much brighter.

Took a few seconds of duster to clean off dirt that I didn't realize was covering my LED.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc one, led, troubleshooting
Previous Thread Next Thread