5,599,616 Members 43,839 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help New HTC One X user

Tip us?
 
Acupuncture
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default [Q] Help New HTC One X user

Sorry for creating new thread, I did it because am finding it difficult to search it here.
Am and android novice and got HOX new, I need guide or link to the following questions.

1. My HOX is running on ICS 4.0.4, what is the latest version for the device and how can I update it.

2.How can I root the device?

3.I need step by step on how to flash my HOX with Custom Rom (both how to back up incase of bricking)

4. I wish to learn more about HOX, guide or link would be appreciated.

Thanks
 
Mr Hofs
Old
#2  
Mr Hofs's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 7470
Posts: 12,286
Join Date: Sep 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Here you can read up

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1832891
 
Acupuncture
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jan 2014
Thank you for the reply, please what is the latest stock version of HTC one X and please help me with link for stable Custom Rom (4.3 or 4.4), am having problem of choice on the above link.
 
Mr Hofs
Old
#4  
Mr Hofs's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 7470
Posts: 12,286
Join Date: Sep 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Officially we are on 4.2.2 sense 5. Only CM custom builds are on 4.4. You can only go there if your hboot is high enough (safe is to be on 1.36/1.39 or higher)
 
Acupuncture
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jan 2014
Please how do I check my Hboot, kindly do me a favour by providing the direct link to the above ROM you mentioned.
 
Mr Hofs
Old
#6  
Mr Hofs's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 7470
Posts: 12,286
Join Date: Sep 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Hboot number is stated in the bootloader and all those roms are in the original android dev section
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
suljo94
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 107
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: antwerpen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acupuncture View Post
Please how do I check my Hboot, kindly do me a favour by providing the direct link to the above ROM you mentioned.
you can check hboot by pressing volume down and power button at the same time do not release until your phone boots back into a white screen
search for the hboot line also check if your phone is s-on or s-off

cm 11(nightlies):http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2583037
root guide video
1/2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIeq8Jx28cs
2/2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80lMHUgxwww
hit thanks If i helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to suljo94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Acupuncture
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by suljo94 View Post
you can check hboot by pressing volume down and power button at the same time do not release until your phone boots back into a white screen
search for the hboot line also check if your phone is s-on or s-off

cm 11(nightlies):http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2583037
root guide video
1/2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIeq8Jx28cs
2/2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80lMHUgxwww
hit thanks If i helped you
Pardon my question,
How do I go back to normal screen after checking the Hboot?
I have seen CM nightlis, I need 4.2.2 sense 5 he mention. I will be glad if you provide me with the link
 
suljo94
Old
(Last edited by suljo94; 21st January 2014 at 09:38 PM.)
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 107
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: antwerpen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acupuncture View Post
Pardon my question,
How do I go back to normal screen after checking the Hboot?
I have seen CM nightlis, I need 4.2.2 sense 5 he mention. I will be glad if you provide me with the link
go to fastboot with volume keys (up down) select fastboot(with on/off key) then select reboot

to update to sense 5
if you are not rooted(back in the fastboot screen unlocked= rooted locked+ no root)
go to settings=>about phone=>software updates
if you are rooted you must first relock bootloader flash original firmware which you will have backed up while rooting(nandroid)
 
Mr Hofs
Old
#10  
Mr Hofs's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 7470
Posts: 12,286
Join Date: Sep 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Enjoy guys, i'm out

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes