5,596,784 Members 48,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

karbonn titanium s1 development Q????

Tip us?

rohitzz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default karbonn titanium s1 development Q????

Hiii all I'm using titanium s1,now I'm rooted and have cwm installed and have following questions-
1.how to trim my stock rom or any rom and change the partition size for getting more space for data partition.
2.can i port cyanogen mod for this phone ?? im asking this because it is a dual sim phone.
3. how to port other roms for this phone.
4.how to see complete details (system partition, boot partition ,data partition,etc and all other info for this phone)

Sent from my Titanium S1 using xda app-developers app

idragon81
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitzz View Post
1.how to trim my stock rom or any rom and change the partition size for getting more space for data partition.
You can use Titanium Backup to uninstall system apps.And to resize the partitions there are many methods of doing them like NVFlash or scripts. However this is a very risky process as it messes with the bootloader as well.Please do a Nandroid Backup

Quote:
2.can i port cyanogen mod for this phone ?? im asking this because it is a dual sim phone.
First of all I don't think there is a link between A dual sim phone and Cyanogenmod so that shouldn't matter.
And for porting Cyanogenmod you need to know about the device trees and vendor trees.Google them for more info.
Apparently for Titanium S1 the kernel sources and board config is not released so I Don't think it is possible for us to do.
That being one thing.However few chinese developers have been trying to develop cyanogenmod 10.1 for Their device K-Touch Hornet U86 kiss [AKA Cherry Mobile Flame 2 or Karbonn Titanium S1] so that's not totally impossible either.
How did they achieve this!?
Apparently the chipset used in the mobile is backward compatible and is compatible with hardware instructions of previous models.However i Don't have detailed information on this...

Quote:
This Might help you.It does a very basic port.The rest is in your hands and you may need programming skills to continue.

Quote:
4.how to see complete details (system partition, boot partition ,data partition,etc and all other info for this phone)
This guide should help you to read system information on partitons and make a sector by sector backup of your phone as well.I recommend to Keep such a backup of your stock rom before doing anything that's mentioned above.

From next time please consider using google before Asking questions.Most of the questions have already been answered.

dhruvcburman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Karbonn titanium s1/Cherry mobile flame 2 Cyanogenmod

Hi!! can anybody help me in flashing cyanogenmod on my karbonn titanium s1/cherry mobile flame 2.
i need the .zip file because i know how to flash a rom.
my phone has been rooted by srs root and has super user. will that cause any problems?do i need to use framaroot? and supersu??
i think cm 10.1 should work on mine but i have no idea how to port. the flashing method im comfortable with is through recovery mode and .zip in my sd card.
can someone please help me!!
Thanks!!

Manas1796
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvcburman View Post
Hi!! can anybody help me in flashing cyanogenmod on my karbonn titanium s1/cherry mobile flame 2.
i need the .zip file because i know how to flash a rom.
my phone has been rooted by srs root and has super user. will that cause any problems?do i need to use framaroot? and supersu??
i think cm 10.1 should work on mine but i have no idea how to port. the flashing method im comfortable with is through recovery mode and .zip in my sd card.
can someone please help me!!
Thanks!!
Goto Here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2682045

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Hiii all I'm using titanium s1,now I'm rooted and have cwm installed and have following questions-

Sent from my Titanium S1 using xda app-developers app
Goto Here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2682045

Previous Device: Micromax A87 (Lost it! )
ROM in it: PD v17.5 (Custom)

Current Device: Karbonn Titanium S1
ROM in Device: CM 10.1 (Unofficial) Android 4.2.2 KK Themed (Custom)