Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,284 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lenovo S660 rooting?

Tip us?

tousief12.23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Lenovo S660 rooting?

Hi all, I want to root my lenovo S660, I have tried all the FRAMAROOT versions (... til 1.9.1) to root but none of them worked for me. I have also tried SRS one click rooting software to root lenovo S660 but this also did not work for me. The firmware version is android 4.2.2 Baseband version S660.V35. Please help me on this issue. Thanks in advance.

tousief12.23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Lenovo S660 rooting

I have tried Kingo Android Root software to root lenovo S660, it took around 5 minutes to complete the rooting process, at the end of the process I got a pop on the screen which said root is successfully completed and rebooted the device. I could see Super Su icon in the drawer and it has been installed as a system app so that I cannot uninstall it. But when I click the Super Su icon to open it, a pop comes which says "The SU binary needs to be updated" it has two options "continue' and cancel', if I hit cancel it closes the super su. Or if I click continue it says " If you have a custom recovery like TWRP or CMW that can be used to install the Su binary. This recommended for HTC devices. How would you like to install the SU binary" following this there are two options first is CMW/TWRP and second it normal. If I click normal, it says installation failed. Since I'm beginner I do not know how to create custom recovery like CMW or TWRP. Can anyone please help me to solve this issue.....

I tried to update the Super SU from play store but this did not help me out.

tousief12.23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool Finally Rooted

Vroot is the best rooting app that can root Lenovo S660 successfully...

nakTT
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tousief12.23 View Post
I have tried Kingo Android Root software to root lenovo S660, it took around 5 minutes to complete the rooting process, at the end of the process I got a pop on the screen which said root is successfully completed and rebooted the device. I could see Super Su icon in the drawer and it has been installed as a system app so that I cannot uninstall it. But when I click the Super Su icon to open it, a pop comes which says "The SU binary needs to be updated" it has two options "continue' and cancel', if I hit cancel it closes the super su. Or if I click continue it says " If you have a custom recovery like TWRP or CMW that can be used to install the Su binary. This recommended for HTC devices. How would you like to install the SU binary" following this there are two options first is CMW/TWRP and second it normal. If I click normal, it says installation failed. Since I'm beginner I do not know how to create custom recovery like CMW or TWRP. Can anyone please help me to solve this issue.....

I tried to update the Super SU from play store but this did not help me out.
I have exactly the same question.

Sent from my ST26i

junedkh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can I change superuser to supersu

Sent from my Lenovo S660 using XDA Free mobile app

vdsouza13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Sir, it is not working, vroot does not work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tousief12.23 View Post
vroot is the best rooting app that can root lenovo s660 successfully...
vroot install but does not open, so howcome you rooted your device with vroot. Gives a screeching sound and that s it.

rudrapratap03
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Prompt Using VRoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdsouza13 View Post
vroot install but does not open, so howcome you rooted your device with vroot. Gives a screeching sound and that s it.
Dear I think that the software you are installing might be having any issue. So try to download it from some other source. And as per rooting your phone in concerned, follow these steps to root your Lenovo smartphone:
Download the application and then install it in your system.
After installing open the application.
When the application will open, connect your Android phone with your system.
vRoot will automatically detect the device.
Then click on the Root button. It will then automatically start rooting your smartphone.
Once your phone will be rooted, it will automatically restarted. You can check the rooting by finding superuser in your Application menu. If it is available there, then your mobile is rooted successfully.

vdsouza13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy not rooted with vroot latest setup pc root also

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrapratap03 View Post
dear i think that the software you are installing might be having any issue. So try to download it from some other source. And as per rooting your phone in concerned, follow these steps to root your lenovo smartphone:
Download the application and then install it in your system.
After installing open the application.
When the application will open, connect your android phone with your system.
vroot will automatically detect the device.
Then click on the root button. It will then automatically start rooting your smartphone.
Once your phone will be rooted, it will automatically restarted. You can check the rooting by finding superuser in your application menu. If it is available there, then your mobile is rooted successfully.
vroot setup latest through pc detects fine lenovo s660 but fails to root. Checked all the version, none work from vroot site. Tell me or send me more details of the apk aps used.

rudrapratap03
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Plug Strange !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdsouza13 View Post
vroot setup latest through pc detects fine lenovo s660 but fails to root. Checked all the version, none work from vroot site. Tell me or send me more details of the apk aps used.
Its really strange to know that your phone is unable to root. I have tried the same procedure on my Lenovo A690 and attained success too. But I am not able to predict the issue with your mobile. vRoot application can easily root MTK75XX Device.
I will suggest you to check whether any other model of Lenovo is able to root with this software.

vdsouza13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Lenovo s66o is a tough phone to root

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrapratap03 View Post
its really strange to know that your phone is unable to root. I have tried the same procedure on my lenovo a690 and attained success too. But i am not able to predict the issue with your mobile. Vroot application can easily root mtk75xx device.
I will suggest you to check whether any other model of lenovo is able to root with this software.
phone genius says it is toough phone to root.