Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,728 Members 43,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lg og>lg g2

Tip us?

jonahly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130
Default Lg og>lg g2

Eternal comparison of the LG Optimus G and the LG G2.

Sent from my Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1390798522398.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	2541556  
Devices
Sprint LG Optimus G
ROM: Blue Lightning
Kernel: 1.7Ghz
Lenovo ThinkPad A1000
Soft-Bricked.

Greatness83
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Ok.... Not really getting what your trying to prove here

Sent from my LG-LS970
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greatness83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HPTesla
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatness83 View Post
Ok.... Not really getting what your trying to prove here

Sent from my LG-LS970
+1 to this......?

Like the banner? Original Dr Who image found here.

Sprint LS970 LG optimus G
with Viper1.1 Kernel

Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013
with Multirom TWRP 2.6.3

My android bootanimations can all be found here.

"Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability.” - H.P. Lovecraft
“The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

The Following User Says Thank You to HPTesla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vnv01
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Sounds like an open thread on greed form thoughts about what people like or didn't like between the first and second generation flagships. Now if youwere trying to be obtuse about WhY the need for such a thread, it may have been easier to just type those exact words... I kind of like putting all of those comparisons in one thread for those still on the fence about sticking with LG.... The OG can be had in secondary markets for under a Benjie and it's still a more than capable phone for what we do daily...

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vnv01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HPTesla
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnv01 View Post
Sounds like an open thread on greed form thoughts about what people like or didn't like between the first and second generation flagships. Now if youwere trying to be obtuse about WhY the need for such a thread, it may have been easier to just type those exact words... I kind of like putting all of those comparisons in one thread for those still on the fence about sticking with LG.... The OG can be had in secondary markets for under a Benjie and it's still a more than capable phone for what we do daily...

No, I figured that was what it was about just thought it was a weird way of going about it. As for which one is better, the G2 would win for most people based on specs alone. However, I'd still choose the lgog for one major reason, developer support. This isn't a concern for your casual/standard smartphone user. G2 will catch up eventually I think, but I love this forum, just a bunch of great, helpful people and a ton of support.

Also, I got my lgog for $1.00 almost 6 months ago from Best Buy because I was due for an upgrade and that was the sale.

And while the G2 is impressive on the spec front, I'd still take a Nexus5 over it, again, because of developer support. The only thing I'd really miss is the camera app and extra megapixels.

with Viper1.1 Kernel

Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013
with Multirom TWRP 2.6.3

"Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability.” - H.P. Lovecraft
“The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

jonahly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:

+1

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Devices
Sprint LG Optimus G
Lenovo ThinkPad A1000
Soft-Bricked.

HPTesla
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahly View Post
+1

Lol that's why it confused me a bit because you started it but didn't give any details on your opinion besides the thread title. :P

I don't see myself getting rid of the lgog anytime soon. The communtiy is just too awesome.

with Viper1.1 Kernel

Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013
with Multirom TWRP 2.6.3

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HPTesla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonahly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPTesla View Post
Lol that's why it confused me a bit because you started it but didn't give any details on your opinion besides the thread title. :P

I don't see myself getting rid of the lgog anytime soon. The communtiy is just too awesome.
Oh I agree, I'm probably going to cry when I go to get my upgrade, my mother has the LG G2 and father with the HTC One so I feel left out but this device and the amazing developers we have is what brought me to this device. I love it!

Devices
Sprint LG Optimus G
Lenovo ThinkPad A1000
Soft-Bricked.
The Following User Says Thank You to jonahly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vnv01
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I've been putzing around with an HTC one since I dropped and cracked the screen on my OG..sense is not bad but I'm really disappointed with camera options...quality isn't health as bad as they say but options are junk compared to LG...I'm snatching the wife's g2 for a couple of weeks to see if it's worth just getting the OG fixed and sticking with that ...the S4 processor really holds up against these newer snapdragons in real world application, I don't care what the bench arms say

The Following User Says Thank You to vnv01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HPTesla
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
I've been putzing around with an HTC one since I dropped and cracked the screen on my OG..sense is not bad but I'm really disappointed with camera options...quality isn't health as bad as they say but options are junk compared to LG...I'm snatching the wife's g2 for a couple of weeks to see if it's worth just getting the OG fixed and sticking with that ...the S4 processor really holds up against these newer snapdragons in real world application, I don't care what the bench arms say

Yeah I have no experience with the the S4, but trust me, the lgog is worth it. I feel blessed to be a part of this community. That said - have fun with that G2!!!! And if you get your lgog fixed, we will be here waiting to embrace you into the fold!

with Viper1.1 Kernel

Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013
with Multirom TWRP 2.6.3

The Following User Says Thank You to HPTesla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]