5,597,647 Members 32,676 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CWM 6027 Touch from ATT forum

Tip us?

engine95
Old
(Last edited by engine95; 9th February 2013 at 12:31 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 861
Default CWM 6027 Touch from ATT forum

Alright....so alittle history. kc_exactly is to blame and to thank for this. He just got me thinking. Especially with people starting to test the JB port from houstonn. Which only flashes with CWM.

Disclaimer: You do this at your own risk!! Can't blame anybody but yourself if it messes things up!

I installed sk8erwitskil's Touch CWM 6.0.2.7 v14.4.7 from the ATT forums here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...18&postcount=1.
I wanted to see if it would work as kc had said in a post earlier. And it did and does!!! CWM backup works using .tar. I haven't tried dedup yet.

So what's the purpose of this post you ask? Well, from what I've found out so far, we can install CWM, create a backup using .tar which is default, and restore with it. In "mount and storage" I formated system, data, cache. In advanced, I formated dalvic cache. Pretty much wiping out the phone and it restored just fine. Actually 4 times so far.

So, and again, part of this has been said by kc_exactly, if you keep TWRP, AND CWM6027 recoveries, your ROM of choice, and backups in both TWRP and CWM on your Internal storage you'll be able to bounce back and forth testing the JB port or whatever else will require CWM.

I've done this multiple times now and it's worked everytime!!!

Make a TWRP backup
Install CWM 6027, reboot to system
reboot to recovery and make a CWM backup using .tar
That's it!!
Now each time you want to use a different recovery, just install it, reboot to recovery and restore your backups.

Maybe this is old news, or even a "No sh*t Sherlock" thing. But our CWM had too many issues, and I'm really liking sk8erwitskil's Touch version. And it seems to be working well. I was in CWM for at least 10min straight and it never got hot.
It does have somewhat of a learning curve, so make sure you read sk8's instuctions on the first 2 posts.
Eventually
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to engine95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Xiutehcuhtli
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Default Re: CWM6027Touch from ATT forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine95 View Post
Alright....so alittle history. kc_exactly is to blame and to thank for this. He just got me thinking. Especially with people starting to test the JB port from houstonn. Which only flashes with CWM.

Disclaimer: You do this at your own risk!! Can't blame anybody but yourself if it messes things up!

I installed sk8erwitskil's Touch CWM 6.0.2.7 v14.4.7 from the ATT forums here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...18&postcount=1.
I wanted to see if it would work as kc had said in a post earlier. And it did and does!!! CWM backup works using .tar. I haven't tried dedup yet.

So what's the purpose of this post you ask? Well, from what I've found out so far, we can install CWM, create a backup using .tar which is default, and restore with it. In "mount and storage" I formated system, data, cache. In advanced, I formated dalvic cache. Pretty much wiping out the phone and it restored just fine. Actually 4 times so far.

So, and again, part of this has been said by kc_exactly, if you keep TWRP, AND CWM6027 recoveries, your ROM of choice, and backups in both TWRP and CWM on your Internal storage you'll be able to bounce back and forth testing the JB port or whatever else will require CWM.

I've done this multiple times now and it's worked everytime!!!

Make a TWRP backup
Install CWM 6027, reboot to system
reboot to recovery and make a CWM backup using .tar
That's it!!
Now each time you want to use a different recovery, just install it, reboot to recovery and restore your backups.

Maybe this is old news, or even a "No sh*t Sherlock" thing. But our CWM had too many issues, and I'm really liking sk8erwitskil's Touch version. And it seems to be working well. I was in CWM for at least 10min straight and it never got hot.
It does have somewhat of a learning curve, so make sure you read sk8's instuctions on the first 2 posts.
This looks promising. Thanks for "guinea pigging" it.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Xiutehcuhtli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

engine95
Old
Thanks Meter 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiutehcuhtli View Post
This looks promising. Thanks for "guinea pigging" it.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
Thanks. I'm glad I tried it too!
Right now I'm in flashaholics heaven. I have a TWRP ICS backup, a CWM ICS backup, and a CWM JELLYBEAN backup!! I'm able to play with whatever blows up my skirt. OK pants.

To all the bitchy posts about this phone not going anywhere? Stay away!! We have a hellava DEV crew that is moving right along. And I'm lovin it!!!
Eventually

javskies
Old
Thanks Meter 349

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks. I'm glad I tried it too!
Right now I'm in flashaholics heaven. I have a TWRP ICS backup, a CWM ICS backup, and a CWM JELLYBEAN backup!! I'm able to play with whatever blows up my skirt. OK pants.

To all the bitchy posts about this phone not going anywhere? Stay away!! We have a hellava DEV crew that is moving right along. And I'm lovin it!!!
what i did was after i flashed jelly bean and restored my apps and stuff, i re installed twrp and made a backup so i never have to switch from twrp to cwm.

engine95
Old
Thanks Meter 861
Default Re: CWM6027Touch from ATT forum

But don't we need to use CWM to flash and/or update houstonn updates?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium
Eventually

roguejam
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Thanks for the info, this works great on my OG!
Samsung Epic 4G → LG Optimus G → Sprint Moto X

networx2002
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguejam View Post
Thanks for the info, this works great on my OG!
Works Great!!!
HTC EVO 4G LTE Sprint CDMA

Get a Dropbox with 2.5GB of storage free, and both of us will get extra space free!

Retired Phones
PPC6700-Treo800w-PPC6800-BB8350i-PPC6850
HTC HERO

VoluntaryMan
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Default Re: CWM 6027 Touch from ATT forum

Quote:
But don't we need to use CWM to flash and/or update houstonn updates?

If I'm reading the thread correctly, the idea is that you make a backup including the recovery so you can switch back and forth at will.

engine95
Old
Thanks Meter 861

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoluntaryMan View Post
If I'm reading the thread correctly, the idea is that you make a backup including the recovery so you can switch back and forth at will.
I'm not sure if this is a question, or a comment? So I'll take it as a question.
You are correct. It's been working great for me so far. I'll bet I've restored over 20 times now and it's worked great. I've put it through all its paces and it's worked fine. I've tested and played with houstonn JB and I gotta say I really like JB!
So from what I can tell, we can use this recovery, and do whatever we want. Play with JB for a while, then switch back to ICS.

Eventually

VoluntaryMan
Old
Thanks Meter 201

Quote:
I'm not sure if this is a question, or a comment? So I'll take it as a question.
I was trying to answer your question. Looks like you figured it out already though.

The Following User Says Thank You to VoluntaryMan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]