5,599,033 Members 31,994 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CM11] Netflix Fix

Tip us?

VoluntaryMan
Old
(Last edited by VoluntaryMan; 14th January 2014 at 10:47 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 201
Default [CM11] Netflix Fix

Description
This is a flashable zip of rlasalle15's script to fix screen corruption/artifacts in the Netflix app on CyanogenMod 11. This may or may not persist through netflix updates so if it stops working, try flashing it again!

Mirror(s)
Google Drive

Thanks to
rlasalle15 for the original script.
CyanogenMod for the edify scripting language.

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 11 Netflix Fix Zip, a Tool/Utility for the Sprint LG Optimus G

Contributors
VoluntaryMan, rlasalle15

Version Information

Created 2014-01-14
Last Updated 2014-04-03
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to VoluntaryMan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oohaylima
Old
Thanks Meter 414
Freakin sweet. Good lookin out brother!

HdMsTrTeCh
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Has anybody got this flash to work? I'm on CWM and it fails. Likewise my ROM toolbox won't let me move the file. Then again I'm running beanstalk

VoluntaryMan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by HdMsTrTeCh View Post
Has anybody got this flash to work? I'm on CWM and it fails. Likewise my ROM toolbox won't let me move the file. Then again I'm running beanstalk
Try v1, v2 seems to be borked.

Jeremy6820
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Full disclosure, but I'm intoxicated at the moment. Anyway, I greatly appreciate this. I haven't had Netflix working in quite awhile. I tried other method but was still having problems. Perhaps I wasn't getting the permissions right. I tried flashing version 2. It kept failing. I just now tried version 1 after you mentioned version 2 wasn't working right. I still had issues at first. I was just about to give up hope, and assume that my device hated me, but I messed around with the permissions once more, and... Eureka. It works great. So, really, thanks.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeremy6820 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

compudoc50
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default pimpmyrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy6820 View Post
Full disclosure, but I'm intoxicated at the moment. Anyway, I greatly appreciate this. I haven't had Netflix working in quite awhile. I tried other method but was still having problems. Perhaps I wasn't getting the permissions right. I tried flashing version 2. It kept failing. I just now tried version 1 after you mentioned version 2 wasn't working right. I still had issues at first. I was just about to give up hope, and assume that my device hated me, but I messed around with the permissions once more, and... Eureka. It works great. So, really, thanks.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
Didn't work for me. I used pimp my rom and faster media streaming under network and internet which improved things significantly. A little stutter at first then fine. Couldn't use it at all before this.
The Following User Says Thank You to compudoc50 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VoluntaryMan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by compudoc50 View Post
Didn't work for me. I used pimp my rom and faster media streaming under network and internet which improved things significantly. A little stutter at first then fine. Couldn't use it at all before this.
This zip only fixes graphical distortions during playback, it has no effect on any other factors. I'm glad it was of help to you

GretaLewd
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Thanks
This fixed Netflix on my Sony Xperia Tablet Z running CM11.
Phone : Nexus 4 (16GB) with PARANOIDANDROID 4.1 ROM & FRANCO Kernel
Tablet : Xperia Tablet Z (311, 16GB WiFi only) PAC (4.4) ROM , TWRP recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to GretaLewd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adriangreen369
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default worked for me

I'm using an Optimus G Pro E980 and this fix worked for me. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to adriangreen369 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jackiass
Old
(Last edited by jackiass; 17th April 2014 at 11:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
This just makes my netflix app crash at launch. Any way to uninstall the zip again?
EDIT: Just went to system/etc/init.d with root explorer and changed permissions to the same as the other files in that folder. Still crashes at launch.
I can get it to work using an older version of netflix and no patch. V 3.0.1 build 1016
You can get it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2942

The Following User Says Thank You to jackiass For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]