No registration required

Question Installation Custom Rom S4 MK2

OP ben9000

27th January 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Hello

i was trying to install a custom rom on my galaxy s4 but after going through some topics i m kind of unsure about it.
its an att phone
my model number says I337
and the baseband is MK2.

most of the roms i found say something about att i9...

with reading some topics i just have the feeling that the MK2 is "special" and i cant just use any rom.
can someone help me and let me know which roms will work (download link would be appreciated). i planned to go with either google edition 4.4 or cyanogen mod. (if there is anything better please let me know)
and if i need any other software (for backup etc).
i already rooted the phone with saferoot. i just dont know how to get a custom rom on there now.
thank you for your help it greatly appreciated.
Last edited by ben9000; 27th January 2014 at 06:20 PM. Reason: new info
27th January 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Thumbs down
As far as i know you can't run custom roms on the i33, AT&T has it so locked down it can't be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben9000

Hello

i was trying to install a custom rom on my galaxy s4 but after going through some topics i m kind of unsure about it.
its an att phone
and the baseband is MK2.

with reading some topics i just have the feeling that the MK2 is "special" and i cant just use any rom.
can someone help me and let me know which roms will work (download link would be appreciated). i planned to go with either google edition 4.4 or cyanogen mod. (if there is anything better please let me know)
i already rooted the phone with saferoot. i just dont know how to get a custom rom on there now.

27th January 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #3  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
More
Quote:

Hello

its an att phone
and the baseband is MK2.

Yes u can get custom rom on u r phone and on u r current firmware also.. check out this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448925

u need to root it before u get safestrap.. and u can get many custom roms. also.. hope it will work for u!!
28th January 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 651

1,307 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hello

its an att phone
and the baseband is MK2.

This thread gives you everything you need. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616221
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread