Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 42,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S4 MF3 Sim unlock??

Tip us?

NOplaymaker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Lightbulb [Q] S4 MF3 Sim unlock??

I've for a AT&T S4 I337 with the MF3 update. I have already managed to root it. Is there any way to unlock the sim?? I have searched. Tried to get to the service menu and it does't let me do anything. Can I flash another rom or do something so I can unlock it.

ronnie498
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2119
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOplaymaker View Post
I've for a AT&T S4 I337 with the MF3 update. I have already managed to root it. Is there any way to unlock the sim?? I have searched. Tried to get to the service menu and it does't let me do anything. Can I flash another rom or do something so I can unlock it.
Seeing how you are on the MF3 currently there is no way to flash another rom or custom recovery, your best bet would be go through att to get the unlock code.

NOplaymaker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
But it won't even let me get into the service menu. I tried the codes and process they say online and it does nothing. Can someone explain why it won't budge and how and when it will be fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie498 View Post
Seeing how you are on the MF3 currently there is no way to flash another rom or custom recovery, your best bet would be go through att to get the unlock code.

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 583

DONATE TO ME
The service menu unlock was disabled in MF3. You have to get an unlock code from your carrier or another service.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)

NOplaymaker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
The service menu unlock was disabled in MF3. You have to get an unlock code from your carrier or another service.

Theres not even a place to enter an unlock code. I cut my Straight talk sim with the proper tool and inserted it and it didn't even recognize it. Still says "no sim inserted." Going to try to buy a ATT straight talk sim from the Straight talk website next.

bjones7134
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unlock Code AT&T, they have no idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post

I ported my # over from AT&T today to Straight Talk. At first it didn't like the new sim card, but after my # was ported and a few reboots the message didn't come up anymore. I now have phone & data service running on it, even though I was still under contract for a previous device (S3). I called AT&T and after a lengthy call, they said I didn't need an unlock code if I was getting service OK from Straight Talk. My old APN info is still there for them along with the one I created for 'ST'. I have no way of deleting the old APN, and who knows where, or if I'll get updates from. My only other option was to get the Google Edition S4, but I payed full price for the one I got now. Hopefully the bootloader issue will get cracked before long and I can get this ATT crap off my phone for good.

pandakh
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Network lock

I want to share something, could get passed the first screens all the way down to the network lock menu, no sha off options.
Haven't seen any posts regarding this.
Pictures attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-10-15-20-06-33.jpg
Views:	909
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	2327895   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-10-15-20-06-40.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	2327896   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-10-15-20-06-45.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	2327897  
The Following User Says Thank You to pandakh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tal27416
Old
(Last edited by tal27416; 20th October 2013 at 06:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOplaymaker View Post
have you tried chainfires region lock away at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2470551

it worked for my s4 running MF3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tal27416 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xuanphucn
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tal27416 View Post
have you tried chainfires region lock away at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2470551

i can confirm this works. I tried it on my s4 and my phone is now unlocked. thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xuanphucn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lylon
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tal27416 View Post

Worked like a charm on my At&t Galaxy S4 on MF3 firmware just saved me $30 for an unlock code off Ebay Link is dead though heres the link i used...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2470551

The Following User Says Thank You to lylon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
att, i337, mf3, sim, unlock