Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 51,660 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG G Pro 2 goes official with 5.9" display and Android 4.4 KitKat

Tip us?

krk2krk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default LG G Pro 2 goes official with 5.9" display and Android 4.4 KitKat

The new LG G Pro 2 sports a 5.9-inch Full HD (1080 x 1920) IPS display, weighs 172 grams, and measures 157.9 × 81.9 × 8.3 mm - and yet the Korean company calls it a smartphone, not a phablet. It runs Android 4.4 KitKat, coming with an “evolved” KnockOn feature called Knock Code. For the moment, the rough automatic translation of the press release announcing the handset doesn’t allow us to fully understand how the new feature works.

The G Pro 2 is LG’s first smartphone to offer a high-power 1W speaker, which should make it a multimedia powerhouse. The handset has a 2.1MP front-facing camera, and a 13MP rear camera with LED flash and OIS plus (an improved version of the Optical Image Stabilization which debuted on the LG G2 last year). The rear camera can record 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) video. Other features: LTE-A connectivity, NFC, quad-core 2.26GHz Snapdragon 800 processor, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal memory, MicroSD card support, and a 3,200 battery (apparently removable).

http://www.phonearena.com/news/5.9-i...KitKat_id52564

How many of you impressed about G pro 2 ???

t1mman
Old
Thanks Meter 209

DONATE TO ME
Back then, when the Optimus G was annouced, I was pretty impressed by the specs. Now though, I realise the lack in many aspects makes it a "second runner" in many point. The lack of update, even for bug correction and the lack of quality in certain apsects, like the camera software or audio rendering make it so that I won't be looking at "specs" only anymore.

Anyway, unless I can sell my OG a decent price to get a N5, I think I'll wait to see what will Lenovo do with Motorola.

buenarc
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1mman View Post
Back then, when the Optimus G was annouced, I was pretty impressed by the specs. Now though, I realise the lack in many aspects makes it a "second runner" in many point. The lack of update, even for bug correction and the lack of quality in certain apsects, like the camera software or audio rendering make it so that I won't be looking at "specs" only anymore.

Anyway, unless I can sell my OG a decent price to get a N5, I think I'll wait to see what will Lenovo do with Motorola.
This is the phone for me, I got this and never been satisfied, Fine camera shooting, superior smooth transitions and big storage! Thank you