Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,798 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Internal Storage, help

Tip us?

shaca
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Internal Storage, help

hello

i have a HTC Desire with Cyanogenmod 10.1 and i have the following problem, my internal storage is running short. my internal storage is 148 mb and my sd card have 6,46 GB.
is there any way to resize my internal storage partition? cause i have lots of apps, i use AppMgr pro to transfer the data to sd card but im always with low space on internal storage... any way to solve this?
sorry if the info is in the fórum, havent found it...

SemaiCZE
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaca View Post
hello

i have a HTC Desire with Cyanogenmod 10.1 and i have the following problem, my internal storage is running short. my internal storage is 148 mb and my sd card have 6,46 GB.
is there any way to resize my internal storage partition? cause i have lots of apps, i use AppMgr pro to transfer the data to sd card but im always with low space on internal storage... any way to solve this?
sorry if the info is in the fórum, havent found it...
Yes, there is a solution. You can add partition to your sd-card and format it as ext4. This you can do via computer (unix program GParted, it's also as a bootable CD, so you don't need to install linux) or via recovery (but NOT clockworkmod recovery, it does it wrong way). Recomended size of this partition is 1 GB. Your rom is probably contains a2sd script, so then you only open Terminal emulator and type "su" and then "a2sd install". You should choice "Y, N, Y", but it's on you. Here you are .

shaca
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemaiCZE View Post
Yes, there is a solution. You can add partition to your sd-card and format it as ext4. This you can do via computer (unix program GParted, it's also as a bootable CD, so you don't need to install linux) or via recovery (but NOT clockworkmod recovery, it does it wrong way). Recomended size of this partition is 1 GB. Your rom is probably contains a2sd script, so then you only open Terminal emulator and type "su" and then "a2sd install". You should choice "Y, N, Y", but it's on you. Here you are .
sweet, tnks mate

is there a guide for this in case i do it wrong?

jmcclue
Old
(Last edited by jmcclue; 26th January 2014 at 11:11 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,329
There is a guide, click the troubleshooting guide by bortak in my sig and go to the last page, and ul see a post by abaaaabbbb. In his sig theres the guide he wrote. If u want to do it using recovery then only use 4ext.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcclue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shaca
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcclue View Post
There is a guide, click the troubleshooting guide by bortak in my sig and go to the last page, and ul see a post by abaaaabbbb. In his sig theres the guide he wrote. If u want to do it using recovery then only use 4ext.

ty

abaaaabbbb63
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcclue View Post
I'll also reply here, just for any future reference
The Following User Says Thank You to abaaaabbbb63 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jmcclue
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaaaabbbb63 View Post
I'll also reply here, just for any future reference
I was on my phone when i posted, using xda app n couldnt be bothered going into me browser and getting the link (too much effort ) anyway link is here now for others

SaySayonara
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I dont get it... why use the YNY option when u can use a2sd xdata ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390792753783.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	2541446