Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 50,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Failed OTA Update, no specific error message

Tip us?

Wiltron
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default [Q] Failed OTA Update, no specific error message

I'm on 4.2.2 right now, rooted and happy. I bought SuperSU Pro to get the "survival mode" option, and checked it. Now I'm trying to do the 4.3 OTA upgrade.

It downloads fine, and during the install, the android with the spinning blue globe appears, and the bar fills up about 10% of the way then the phone reboots. It refuses to update, and upon boot up it says "Software Update Failed!". No error messages, codes, or anything to search by.

Any ideas?

I'm trying to keep root with my upgrade to 4.3
You only need 39 digits of pi to calculate the circumference of the observable universe to within a hydrogen atom.
Learn more at www.everydaysciencestuff.com

mohit378
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltron View Post
I'm on 4.2.2 right now, rooted and happy. I bought SuperSU Pro to get the "survival mode" option, and checked it. Now I'm trying to do the 4.3 OTA upgrade.

It downloads fine, and during the install, the android with the spinning blue globe appears, and the bar fills up about 10% of the way then the phone reboots. It refuses to update, and upon boot up it says "Software Update Failed!". No error messages, codes, or anything to search by.

Any ideas?

just flash 4.3 firmware ftf file through flashtool....
If i helped you Don't forget to hit THANKS !

XPERIA Z1>XPERIA L>XPERIA S | Unlocked Bootloader | Rooted | DooMLoRD Kernel |
SAMSUNG NOTE II

Brianlymtb
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltron View Post

Any ideas?

Have you flash the Recovery to your 4.2.2 version? If yes the OTA will not install
One more point, you cannot keep your root when you update from 4.2.2 to 4.3 via OTA too.

acidrums4
Old
Thanks Meter 3
You can't update via OTA when rooted for some "strange" reason. You need to do that with PC Companion. I couldn't do that even when I was updating firmware in 4.2.2.