[Q][CM11-EXP] Camera works but not for third party apps

26th January 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hello Everyone,

yesterday i finally flashed the experimental cyanogenmod11 on my Z1. So far everythings
fine (in contrary to FXP303 also camera and gps work). But every third party app, like
QRdroid, BarcodeScanner or AppJobber works weird with the camera. When they show the
camera i can see a clear view for a wink, but then it splits up into four views (all the
same), but with extreme noise and extremely colourful.

I think, that a part of the Sony-Firmware does this to the camera input for third party plugins,
because when i take a screenshot of it (tried to post it here) the view is perfect, without
noise, no split, ... and the same, when i change to another app.

Removing the sony-firmware just shuts down the camera completely (believe me, i tried),
but the camera at least works, even when the firmware is greenified.

Now my question is, if anybody experiences the same problem and how you worked it around
or if somebody has an idea how to deal with that problem.
My next attempt will be to kill every single sony process on the phone one after one and
test the camera, if that was the evil camera-disabler.

Thanks in advance!
27th January 2014, 05:20 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 53

284 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nath.Schwarz

Hello Everyone,

yesterday i finally flashed the experimental cyanogenmod11 on my Z1. So far everythings
fine (in contrary to FXP303 also camera and gps work). But every third party app, like
QRdroid, BarcodeScanner or AppJobber works weird with the camera. When they show the
camera i can see a clear view for a wink, but then it splits up into four views (all the
same), but with extreme noise and extremely colourful.

I think, that a part of the Sony-Firmware does this to the camera input for third party plugins,
because when i take a screenshot of it (tried to post it here) the view is perfect, without
noise, no split, ... and the same, when i change to another app.

Removing the sony-firmware just shuts down the camera completely (believe me, i tried),
but the camera at least works, even when the firmware is greenified.

Now my question is, if anybody experiences the same problem and how you worked it around
or if somebody has an idea how to deal with that problem.
My next attempt will be to kill every single sony process on the phone one after one and
test the camera, if that was the evil camera-disabler.

Thanks in advance!

You donīt need to erase anything. Just flash Cm11, go to development options and disable HW overlays. Your third party camera apps will work fine
27th January 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg2k

You donīt need to erase anything. Just flash Cm11, go to development options and disable HW overlays. Your third party camera apps will work fine

Awesome, thanks! Now its working perfectly fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread