Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,441 Members 43,937 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mobile Data not working on AOSP Roms

Tip us?

dirty_panda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Mobile Data not working on AOSP Roms

Hello there,

I'm having some frustration issues lately with any AOSP ROM
I recently began to notice that mobile data refused to work (it only worked once on the first setup where you choose your language, etc.), after flashing a new kitkat rom. I also noticed that my phone could not hold a stable wifi connection with any router.

No amount of rebooting or turning airplane mode on/off would do anything, so I decided to flash my previous ROM that I was using earlier with no issues, and to my surprise, found it was also having this issue.

Thinking it was a hardware issue, I reverted back to stock using an RUU, and everything worked perfectly. Mobile data, wifi, everything.

I tried flashing an AOSP Rom after unlocking for a second time, and just like previously mobile data didn't work, but after flashing any stock based rom like Venom ROM, it does. Any suggestions?

TL;DR: My Droid DNA's mobile data and wifi suddenly only works on stock-based roms, even after a running an RUU

The ROM I updated to was: Omnirom 4.4.1
The ROM I had previously was: Carbon Rom 4.3.1
The ROMs with working data: Venom, stock, and everything else based off of stock.

Thanks in advance

thayl0
Old
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_panda View Post
Hello there,

I'm having some frustration issues lately with any AOSP ROM
I recently began to notice that mobile data refused to work (it only worked once on the first setup where you choose your language, etc.), after flashing a new kitkat rom. I also noticed that my phone could not hold a stable wifi connection with any router.

No amount of rebooting or turning airplane mode on/off would do anything, so I decided to flash my previous ROM that I was using earlier with no issues, and to my surprise, found it was also having this issue.

Thinking it was a hardware issue, I reverted back to stock using an RUU, and everything worked perfectly. Mobile data, wifi, everything.

I tried flashing an AOSP Rom after unlocking for a second time, and just like previously mobile data didn't work, but after flashing any stock based rom like Venom ROM, it does. Any suggestions?

TL;DR: My Droid DNA's mobile data and wifi suddenly only works on stock-based roms, even after a running an RUU

The ROM I updated to was: Omnirom 4.4.1
The ROM I had previously was: Carbon Rom 4.3.1
The ROMs with working data: Venom, stock, and everything else based off of stock.

Thanks in advance
I would suggest you to flash a radio. If that doesn't work back up any data and flash any stock based rom including stock recovery. Once it is flashed let it boot and then factory restore in bootloader this will repair any radio partition.
The Following User Says Thank You to thayl0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dirty_panda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thayl0 View Post
I would suggest you to flash a radio. If that doesn't work back up any data and flash any stock based rom including stock recovery. Once it is flashed let it boot and then factory restore in bootloader this will repair any radio partition.
Thanks a ton, just flashed the latest radio and it's working perfectly

thayl0
Old
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_panda View Post
Thanks a ton, just flashed the latest radio and it's working perfectly
Good deal

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app