Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,457 Members 51,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So does the Z1 really comes with a Screen protector

Tip us?

minas_morgul
Old
(Last edited by minas_morgul; 29th January 2014 at 01:35 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default So does the Z1 really comes with a Screen protector

I've seen a Youtube video where a guy removed an official Sony screen protector. No not the one with the translucent plastic pull-out tab.
He used a knife to remove it. Bad thing was, the Sony logo was embedded on the screen protector. So if you remove the screen protector, the Sony logo goes along with it.

Any of you guys tried it then used a different screen protector?

afgkhaibar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
There was no screen protector on my Z1 and the Sony logo is still there.
I think you have missunderstand something.
Do you have a link to the video?

kamil1308
Old
Thanks Meter 1
There is screen protector on every Z1 and like you said Sony logo is embedded on the screen protecton. So when you take it off the sony logo be gone.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 614
I think you confusing something, the video shows how you can take off the Anti-Shatter Screen Protector (ASF) which come with the phone. If you look closely to the glass of you phone you will see there still a tiny screen protector and if you remove it the Sony logo will go out with him because the logo is on it. So if you apply any other screen protector on the phone the Sony logo will not come off if one day presumably you will try to remove the screen protector which you apply. BTW is not recommended to remove the original anti-Satter screen protector from Xperia device.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

301stSpartan
Old
Thanks Meter 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
I think you confusing something, the video shows how you can take off the Anti-Shatter Screen Protector (ASF) which come with the phone. If you look closely to the glass of you phone you will see there still a tiny screen protector and if you remove it the Sony logo will go out with him because the logo is on it. So if you apply any other screen protector on the phone the Sony logo will not come off if one day presumably you will try to remove the screen protector which you apply. BTW is not recommended to remove the original anti-Satter screen protector from Xperia device.
Eclyptos is right. And to add to it, if you remove the anti shatter film you void your warranty. So definitely not recommended
Sony Xperia Z1 C6902
Samsung Galaxy S II i9100G
Motorola Atrix 4G MB860 - RIP (bricked)
Motorola Droid A855 - RIP (drunkenly dropped in puddle)
The Following User Says Thank You to 301stSpartan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]