Ask a question

No registration required

So does the Z1 really comes with a Screen protector

OP minas_morgul

29th January 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I've seen a Youtube video where a guy removed an official Sony screen protector. No not the one with the translucent plastic pull-out tab.
He used a knife to remove it. Bad thing was, the Sony logo was embedded on the screen protector. So if you remove the screen protector, the Sony logo goes along with it.

Any of you guys tried it then used a different screen protector?
Last edited by minas_morgul; 29th January 2014 at 02:35 PM.
29th January 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #2  
Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
There was no screen protector on my Z1 and the Sony logo is still there.
I think you have missunderstand something.
Do you have a link to the video?
29th January 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
More
There is screen protector on every Z1 and like you said Sony logo is embedded on the screen protecton. So when you take it off the sony logo be gone.
29th January 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #4  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616

2,984 posts
I think you confusing something, the video shows how you can take off the Anti-Shatter Screen Protector (ASF) which come with the phone. If you look closely to the glass of you phone you will see there still a tiny screen protector and if you remove it the Sony logo will go out with him because the logo is on it. So if you apply any other screen protector on the phone the Sony logo will not come off if one day presumably you will try to remove the screen protector which you apply. BTW is not recommended to remove the original anti-Satter screen protector from Xperia device.
The Following User Says Thank You to eclyptos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th January 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #5  
Flag Bangalore, India
Thanks Meter: 519

1,124 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

I think you confusing something, the video shows how you can take off the Anti-Shatter Screen Protector (ASF) which come with the phone. If you look closely to the glass of you phone you will see there still a tiny screen protector and if you remove it the Sony logo will go out with him because the logo is on it. So if you apply any other screen protector on the phone the Sony logo will not come off if one day presumably you will try to remove the screen protector which you apply. BTW is not recommended to remove the original anti-Satter screen protector from Xperia device.

Eclyptos is right. And to add to it, if you remove the anti shatter film you void your warranty. So definitely not recommended
The Following User Says Thank You to 301stSpartan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread