5,593,587 Members 37,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Region locked Note 3 - can i flash Poland 4.4.2 update?

Tip us?

ryanrazer
Old
(Last edited by ryanrazer; 16th January 2014 at 05:04 PM.) Reason: Added some info
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Question [Q] Region locked Note 3 - can i flash Poland 4.4.2 update?

If i have Orange (UK carrier) region locked Note 3 model: SM-N9005, can i flash Poland update [N9005XXUENA6]?
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=24151

I saw many people around the EU are flashing this but does carrier - region locked function have an influence here?
I understand region locked is only about preventing other SIM cards to be inserted and there should not be a problem but you know, i would like to know for sure. Is any one here who has done that and can confirm it works?

Thanx
The Following User Says Thank You to ryanrazer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Killberty
Old
Thanks Meter 380
Your region lock will gi away if you do 5mins of calla in your hime country.

Then flash the kitkat

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanrazer View Post
If i have Orange (UK carrier) region locked Note 3 model: SM-N9005, can i flash Poland update [N9005XXUENA6]?
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=24151

I saw many people around the EU are flashing this but does carrier - region locked function have an influence here?
I understand region locked is only about preventing other SIM cards to be inserted and there should not be a problem but you know, i would like to know for sure. Is any one here who has done that and can confirm it works?

It might be very relevant if you are carrier-locked (in which case I strongly advise against) or just region-locked - and even if you are not carrier-locked I would not suggest JUST YET to jump on N9005XXUENA6 Polish (XEO) version - the thing is that your current CSC might be something that is not supported by the multi-CSC in the XEO version and things might not always go well in such conditions. That is why I am a little concerned about going to the XEO version myself - even if now there is a confirmed way to keep root and knox 0x0.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

ryanrazer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101 View Post
It might be very relevant if you are carrier-locked (in which case I strongly advise against) or just region-locked - and even if you are not carrier-locked I would not suggest JUST YET to jump on N9005XXUENA6 Polish (XEO) version - the thing is that your current CSC might be something that is not supported by the multi-CSC in the XEO version and things might not always go well in such conditions. That is why I am a little concerned about going to the XEO version myself - even if now there is a confirmed way to keep root and knox 0x0.
Thank you for warning.

sepehr70
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i need some advice.
I have an Unlocked and Rooted SM-N9005 from Europe (XXUBMJ), but I can't use it in Canada, and it says, Not registered on network. is there anyway that I can change my firmware or install a new ROM or a new Modem so I can use the phone with Canadian sim card???

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1165

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepehr70 View Post
i need some advice.
I have an Unlocked and Rooted SM-N9005 from Europe (XXUBMJ), but I can't use it in Canada, and it says, Not registered on network. is there anyway that I can change my firmware or install a new ROM or a new Modem so I can use the phone with Canadian sim card???
It'll be region locked if it's a European model by the sounds of it, try region lock away and see if that works, failing that, a Custom ROM usually fixes it also.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Liquid // UBER //
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung

wowowboy69
Old
Thanks Meter 4
So its posssible for me to install Custom Roms e.g. Omega Rom on a Pink Note 3 that was already unlocked? I'm using an Asian SIM and when I bought the pink note 3 for my wife, the phone was for EU SIM. I checked the phone status on download mode, knox has been tripped, binary status to modified/custom etc etc. Looks like the phone was rooted to have region lock away installed and then unrooted. Planning on install Omega Rom but wanted to make sure the phone will still read the Asian SIM.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1165

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowowboy69 View Post
So its posssible for me to install Custom Roms e.g. Omega Rom on a Pink Note 3 that was already unlocked? I'm using an Asian SIM and when I bought the pink note 3 for my wife, the phone was for EU SIM. I checked the phone status on download mode, knox has been tripped, binary status to modified/custom etc etc. Looks like the phone was rooted to have region lock away installed and then unrooted. Planning on install Omega Rom but wanted to make sure the phone will still read the Asian SIM.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Check with the custom ROM OP if it has the CSC (sim region) you require
// Note 3 (SM-N9005) // AOSP ROM of variety // Lean or temasek's Kernel // - Dumped. No more Samsung

sepehr70
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
It'll be region locked if it's a European model by the sounds of it, try region lock away and see if that works, failing that, a Custom ROM usually fixes it also.
I've already did that. I installed region lock away, and region unlocked it. What custom ROM do you think I have to install? Do you have any trusted source so I can get a custom ROM from them?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1165

DONATE TO ME
Check the Android dev section, there's a few decent ROMs in there. - I have pretty much used them all on 4.3 and tried all now on 4.4

EDIT: X-Note is regionfree as is Omega, both are very popular, however SweetROM and AndroidNOW now can certainly hold their own and are just as good (also region free)