[Q] Australia SM-N9005 Kit Kate upgrade - no sound, camera or dialer - HEEEELLP

Search This thread

steveladds

Feb 1, 2012
Perth
I upgraded my 4.3 to 4.4.2 EXACTLY as instructed. However every thing works fine except that there is no sound and the camera and dialer don't work.

Is the Australian SM-N9005 any different to the international version?

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
I upgraded my 4.3 to 4.4.2 EXACTLY as instructed. However every thing works fine except that there is no sound and the camera and dialer don't work.

Is the Australian SM-N9005 any different to the international version?

OK, I've flashed 2 Note 3's, i from Oz and one from singapore. Both worked fine.

I found flashing the broken up rom (BL, AP,CP &CSC) worked 1st time every time.... Here - http://www.sammobile.com/ then pick Poland rom.
I also found you need to do a factory reset IMMEDIATELY after the flash to get rid of the JB files... This will wipe your phone so you should've done a backup 1st...

If you want to root, this will trip Knox warranty void, then use the latest cf-autoroot and to add CWM use either CWM 4.0.4.6 or 4.0.47...
I then suggest Androidnow rom as it has AWESOME battery life.

steveladds

Feb 1, 2012
Perth
OK, I've flashed 2 Note 3's, i from Oz and one from singapore. Both worked fine.

I found flashing the broken up rom (BL, AP,CP &CSC) worked 1st time every time.... Here - http://www.sammobile.com/ then pick Poland rom.
I also found you need to do a factory reset IMMEDIATELY after the flash to get rid of the JB files... This will wipe your phone so you should've done a backup 1st...

If you want to root, this will trip Knox warranty void, then use the latest cf-autoroot and to add CWM use either CWM 4.0.4.6 or 4.0.47...
I then suggest Androidnow rom as it has AWESOME battery life.

Thanks, but I did that & running the Androidnow ROM - Everything works great until I try and open the dialer, camera or adjust the volume - there's no sounds at all.

SMS, Internet, 4G, syncing all work - I dont get why I am getting problems - It was a locked to vodafone AU - could that be part of it?

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Thanks, but I did that & running the Androidnow ROM - Everything works great until I try and open the dialer, camera or adjust the volume - there's no sounds at all.

SMS, Internet, 4G, syncing all work - I dont get why I am getting problems - It was a locked to vodafone AU - could that be part of it?

That might be possible as it is a rom from another country...
My only suggestion would be to try flashing again but this time, backup data, format system in CWM then flash stock KK...
If hat doesn't work then I'm out of ideas and you're out of luck as Oz will probably take months before we get KK....