stuck in a boot loop

Search This thread

dbenney

Jan 17, 2012
need some help guys. im stuck in a bootloop. I used QBKING;s videos to root and install a custom recovery. this all went flawless. I then used his video to get native hotspot working and this is where it began. Upon completion my first boot hung on the sprint boot animation. I pulled the battery and booted into recovery to restore my nandroid that was a stock rooted nandroid i did before the attempt to get hotspot working. now my phone just bootloops at the galaxy s4 screen. How can i get out of this? is my only option to install a custom rom? I am on mk2 and can get into recovery and download mode if this helps.

Ive tried wiping cache, dalvik and doing a factory reset with the same results.

just tried installing a stock rooted deodeked rom also a 4.3 mk2 rom. and im still bootlooping.

can someone send me a link to an unrooted stock 4.3 mk2 tar that i can flash in odin...im having trouble finding it

Last edited:

dbenney

Jan 17, 2012

i just finished the flash through odin...im not sure if it takes a while to boot after the flash, but it appears that i am stuck at the sprint boot animation...any ideas?

edit: just booted to the lock screen and give me an error message saying that "unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped" and then it reboots again...this is my new boot loop.

UPDATE: I decided to reflash the stock unrooted .tar again. it went through the boot process and took a long time on the sprint boot animation, but it did continue to boot into android. THANKS...my heart beat and blood pressure are now back to normal. LOL

Last edited:

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
i just finished the flash through odin...im not sure if it takes a while to boot after the flash, but it appears that i am stuck at the sprint boot animation...any ideas?

edit: just booted to the lock screen and give me an error message saying that "unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped" and then it reboots again...this is my new boot loop.

UPDATE: I decided to reflash the stock unrooted .tar again. it went through the boot process and took a long time on the sprint boot animation, but it did continue to boot into android. THANKS...my heart beat and blood pressure are now back to normal. LOL

If you still want to unlock the hotspot, you will find the correct files for the MK2 software in post 337 of the hot spot mod thread in the android development section. If you use a version that doesn't match your current software version you will get another bootloop.

Top Liked Posts