After Desire HD ...maybe Goophone N3?

Search This thread

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
Hi there people,

I have my DHD from Jan 2012 and back then two core phones were quite expensive, now with KitKat android it seems the phone is quite fast but still one core is one core, trying to do multiple things and the phone seems slow. Also if you are in hurry and you want to make a phonecall while having some apps open makes the process SLOWWWWWWWWWWWW :p

So I'm thinking of upgrading, but some phones cost quite much and I did like the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 spec-wise but I didn't like the price. The best price I could find it in my country is 560Euro + 5Euro(shipping) to my door.

So I though why not buy a clone with the new Chinese 8 core processor(which isn't overheat) and performs quite good(and WAY better than the DHD)?

Price? $259.99(without shipping) or around 190 Euro

From what I see here: http://www.gizmochina.com/2014/01/06/goophone-n3-v-s-samsung-note-3-whats-different-on-benchmark/
(Goophone N3 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 3) the difference is about 27.3% which is not much while the performance/price ratio is perfect.

What do you think?

P.S. I'd prefer if the Goophone N3 had many custom roms available but that will come eventually if more and more users are buying this phone. This Chinese 8 core processor is quite new so it will take some time before we'll see any custom rom laying around.

Last edited:

bondocel

Mar 9, 2010
Bacau
Hi there people,

I have my DHD from Jan 2012 and back then two core phones were quite expensive, now with KitKat android it seems the phone is quite fast but still one core is one core, trying to do multiple things and the phone seems slow. Also if you are in hurry and you want to make a phonecall while having some apps open makes the process SLOWWWWWWWWWWWW :p

So I'm thinking of upgrading, but some phones cost quite much and I did like the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 spec-wise but I didn't like the price. The best price I could find it in my country is 560Euro + 5Euro(shipping) to my door.

So I though why not buy a clone with the new Chinese 8 core processor(which isn't overheat) and performs quite good(and WAY better than the DHD)?

Price? $259.99(without shipping) or around 190 Euro

From what I see here: http://www.gizmochina.com/2014/01/06/goophone-n3-v-s-samsung-note-3-whats-different-on-benchmark/
(Goophone N3 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 3) the difference is about 27.3% which is not much while the performance/price ratio is perfect.

What do you think?

P.S. I'd prefer if the Goophone N3 had many custom roms available but that will come eventually if more and more users are buying this phone. This Chinese 8 core processor is quite new so it will take some time before we'll see any custom rom laying around.

I have been searching the chinese market for quite some time and i found that mediatek (MTK) processors are pretty much closed source, So don't expect to many custom roms exept for some chinese ones like miui/lewa OS. I will probably buy a chinese phone but not one that is powered by a MTK processor but i'm mostly for the oppo find 5 wich has forum here on xda it also has Snapdragon quad core 1.5 Mhz , 13 mp sony camera , nfc ,steel frame , dlna , and the is fully gpl comliant and open source. :victory: . you can take a look at it here
http://europe.oppostyle.com/find-5/9-find-5-midnight.html

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
I have been searching the chinese market for quite some time and i found that mediatek (MTK) processors are pretty much closed source, So don't expect to many custom roms exept for some chinese ones like miui/lewa OS. I will probably buy a chinese phone but not one that is powered by a MTK processor but i'm mostly for the oppo find 5 wich has forum here on xda it also has Snapdragon quad core 1.5 Mhz , 13 mp sony camera , nfc ,steel frame , dlna , and the is fully gpl comliant and open source. :victory: . you can take a look at it here
http://europe.oppostyle.com/find-5/9-find-5-midnight.html

I know about oppo mate, also they will have soon the find 7. But it's not as expensive as it should. I mean you can get a Xiaomi Mi3 with snapdragon 800 at the same price with 64GB on board (300E for 16GB and 350E for 64GB) - the problem is that you can't easily find that

P.S. If cyanogenmod could support MTK processors it would be a real game-changer. Cheap 8 core phone with similar performance as some of the top-line phones.

EDIT: Alternative you can see phones like this "Faea F2 Elite" and the company is working with cyanogenmod to bring some life to the phone. Source: http://www.gizchina.com/2014/01/17/cyanogenmod-faea-f2s-getting-closer/

So if a cyanogenmod version exists(if they complete it), it would be a Chinese phone with MTK cpu and open source android :D. Based on that I expect CM to roll on many Chinese devices(officially or unofficially)

I've seen the "Alcatel One Touch Idol X+" also know as TLC Idol X+ S960 with a pricetag of 300E (runs at 2GHz 8 core MTK) and performs quite good also it accepts microsd cards(up to 32GB), the only thing is the 2500mAh seems a bit low for a 5" phone but it's quite enough for most of the things. I'm thing it very seriously as I can get it without much hassle.

Last edited:

bondocel

Mar 9, 2010
Bacau
I know about oppo mate, also they will have soon the find 7. But it's not as expensive as it should. I mean you can get a Xiaomi Mi3 with snapdragon 800 at the same price with 64GB on board (300E for 16GB and 350E for 64GB) - the problem is that you can't easily find that

P.S. If cyanogenmod could support MTK processors it would be a real game-changer. Cheap 8 core phone with similar performance as some of the top-line phones.

EDIT: Alternative you can see phones like this "Faea F2 Elite" and the company is working with cyanogenmod to bring some life to the phone. Source: http://www.gizchina.com/2014/01/17/cyanogenmod-faea-f2s-getting-closer/

So if a cyanogenmod version exists(if they complete it), it would be a Chinese phone with MTK cpu and open source android :D. Based on that I expect CM to roll on many Chinese devices(officially or unofficially)

I've seen the "Alcatel One Touch Idol X+" also know as TLC Idol X+ S960 with a pricetag of 300E (runs at 2GHz 8 core MTK) and performs quite good also it accepts microsd cards(up to 32GB), the only thing is the 2500mAh seems a bit low for a 5" phone but it's quite enough for most of the things. I'm thing it very seriously as I can get it without much hassle.

For the past year i have been going on and off about buying one of those phones. I probably will but untill i see a fully gpl compliant mtk phone/phablem i's sticking with snapdragon . I want an oppo find 5 because i have played with one for a few days on cm rom and it is magnificent compared to my DHD. And it ships from EU warehouse so no more import taxes. I also liked zopo very much and thl and gionee and the list could go on and on and on :highfive: But frankly i thing we should switch to some of these " no name" phones so that brands like samsung ot htc or lg could lower the prices to a more resonable value . Some devices are pure rip-offs

-SmOgER

You can instantly forget any proper support for than knock-off. I would expect some more unexpected drawbacks from it as well. ;)
IMO better go for used proper smartphone, than brand new some hyeagizil.

Last edited:

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
For the past year i have been going on and off about buying one of those phones. I probably will but untill i see a fully gpl compliant mtk phone/phablem i's sticking with snapdragon . I want an oppo find 5 because i have played with one for a few days on cm rom and it is magnificent compared to my DHD. And it ships from EU warehouse so no more import taxes. I also liked zopo very much and thl and gionee and the list could go on and on and on :highfive: But frankly i thing we should switch to some of these " no name" phones so that brands like samsung ot htc or lg could lower the prices to a more resonable value . Some devices are pure rip-offs

Oppo is a great phone but price is not better than any other brand phone. Oppo N1 has a snapdragon 600 at 1.7GHz and costs 449E from their Europe store, it's not exactly a bargain and although you can get it with either CM or colour-something(their os based on android), I hear that there are still lot of bugs

P.S. No 4.4 support ..yet

You can instantly forget any proper support for than knock-off. I would expect some more unexpected drawbacks from it as well. ;)
IMO better go for used proper smartphone, than brand new some hyeagizil.

That's the only problem.. the support, the lack of CM roms and if for any reason you have a problem you can turn to no one as the people who have it probably don't don't more than you..

XDA_h3n

Sep 20, 2011
On Earth!
I've got a mediatek tablet and it's dual core @ 1.5ghz with 1gb ram and it lags worse than any device I've had... At the beginning there was no lag, over time (3 months) it started to happen. The build.prop was modified for any graphical usage to be low density which is how it had no lag...

Before buying anything Chinese make sure the specs are correct (as in do a test) many cheapos are clones of the Chinese device :0

Also before you buy ask the seller for firmware as they are well hidden...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk